Anyone for rabbit shooting? - Colchester

Is there anyone out there who would like permission to shoot rabbits on my land/garden?

I'm in a village just outside Colchester, Essex and have just under 8 acres made up of gardens, woodland and paddocks.

The rabbits are driving me mad but I want them dealt with as quickly and humanely as possible!

We have warrens all over the place, so the little blighters are easily spotted.

Must be experienced and have insurance.

Edited by Kirstin
Raise profile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kirstin,

I am in Great Horkesley - I’m pretty sure you will be inundated as others have said with offers. What surrounds the land you own?

I only have shotguns now but have a feeling if there are others around you then a good air rifle may be more subtle and more productive with less annoyance for locals! 

I would be more than happy to drive over and have a look at some point or help out another shooter with lamping them.

Wetton

We are quite rural and have fields surrounding us with other rural neighbours dotted around. 
We have guns and birds scarers going off constantly but someone with an air rifle would be my preference. 
Thanks for the offer Weddon, I’ll wait to see if I get any offers from air rifles.

2 hours ago, Kirstin said:

We are quite rural and have fields surrounding us with other rural neighbours dotted around. 
We have guns and birds scarers going off constantly but someone with an air rifle would be my preference. 
Thanks for the offer Weddon, I’ll wait to see if I get any offers from air rifles.

put this in the airgun section...they will chew your hands off ??

• Kirstin changed the title to Anyone for rabbit shooting? - Colchester
On 31/03/2023 at 14:51, wetton said:

Hi Kirstin,

I am in Great Horkesley - I’m pretty sure you will be inundated as others have said with offers. What surrounds the land you own?

I only have shotguns now but have a feeling if there are others around you then a good air rifle may be more subtle and more productive with less annoyance for locals! 

I would be more than happy to drive over and have a look at some point or help out another shooter with lamping them.

Wetton

Wetton, no takers as yet for my offer, so would you be interested in coming over and having a chat? 

I am amazed you do not have any takers, I am in North Lincs and have plenty of land a long way to get to you, a superb offer and I would suggest contacting a local gun shop who will almost certainly be able to put you in touch with someone local assuming you have no takers on here in the next few days.

Best regards

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

I am amazed you do not have any takers, I am in North Lincs and have plenty of land a long way to get to you, a superb offer and I would suggest contacting a local gun shop who will almost certainly be able to put you in touch with someone local assuming you have no takers on here in the next few days.

Best regards

Phil

On 06/04/2023 at 11:48, truegrit said:

Hi seen your post about rabbit shooting needed I'm local to the area, I have public liability insurance for shooting and 20 years experience

Good man, it would be such a shame if we were not able to have a member get some shooting and help Kirstin out at the same time. ?

Phil

• Thanks 1
On 07/04/2023 at 11:31, walshie said:

Probably best to send her a DM with your details and remove your email address from a public forum. :good:

What is a DM Walshie, PM yes but thats a new one on me.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1