RIP to a Legendary British Dogman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know gamedogs are not to many peoples tastes but a great dogman is a great dogman regardless so on a working dog forum just wanted to pay respects after hearing of the passing of The Plymouth Rock M

Im guessing that would be Nikki ?.....of folk who were around in the late 80's who i may occasionally still have a natter with most say she was the best bitch they ever saw.  

Always nice when a good one has the looks too

Posted Images

9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

that’s what i would call line breeding mate 

same family tree that’s why when put together it works so well 

Then you'd be wrong mate.

Colby dogs aside 90% of the Apbt breed traces back to Tudors Dibo........is the whole entire breed line bred ?

Patrick dogs/Boudreaux dogs/Jeep dogs/Frisco dogs/Alligator dogs/Jocko dogs/Mayfield dogs and on and on and on.....they all go back to Dibo but are distinctly different lines in todays dogs carrying probably around 0.001% actual Dibo blood.

It would be like saying me and you are related because we are both human beings.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, mC HULL said:

which did you prefer gnash stupid game or with a bit a brain say if that’s the right word 

Neither trait on its own was/is enough to compete in top company but as the saying says " give me a game dog in good condition and 9 times out of 10 i'll take your money "

In regards to breeding though Don Mayfield was the shining example of why you cant just keep on and on inbreeding,those early dogs of his line that came to Uk and many other countries were genetically superior to anything.....yet had to be outcrossed to get winners !!

Continually inbreeding leads to whats called inbred suppression and a staleness in the genetic potential.....back years ago i was part owner of a dog who at the time was the most inbred Redboy dog alive....he was the ugliest almost deformed incapable looking dog you could find but totally outcrossed could produce fantastic performers......the saying " its in the blood " rings true with this breed possibly more than any other.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 9
14 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

This thread made me look up an old picture I had of the only pitbull I ever had,and it was good seen the dog again,I got this dog as a teenager off a friend when he split with his Mrs and I was only to happy to take it,I spent hundreds of hours out with this dog just prciking about,I'd love to have him now and do him justice regarding fitness diet etc even though he always looked good and was well walked,bred from some of my cousins and his I law's breeding to a bitch of bo dalys breeding 

Screenshot_20230217_162702_Photos.jpg

There you go Bo Daly another one who utilised the Mayfield blood as a cross.... Gr Ch Shelley and most of those old Boneyard dogs were Mayfield/Reid crosses....does the name John Porter ring any bells with you Peterhunter ? from that sort of area and long since passed now.....he wasnt a dogman as such but imported a lot of pure family Mayfield dogs in the mid 80's struck me as an honest gentleman who played you straight i wish id bought dogs off him or Mo back then truth be told.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Then you'd be wrong mate.

Colby dogs aside 90% of the Apbt breed traces back to Tudors Dibo........is the whole entire breed line bred ?

Patrick dogs/Boudreaux dogs/Jeep dogs/Frisco dogs/Alligator dogs/Jocko dogs/Mayfield dogs and on and on and on.....they all go back to Dibo but are distinctly different lines in todays dogs carrying probably around 0.001% actual Dibo blood.

It would be like saying me and you are related because we are both human beings.

i get what your saying mate but linebreeding is breeding dogs that have an outstanding common ancestor which these did 6 generation ago which isn’t a lot really and there heavily inbred to that common ancestor

Edited by mC HULL
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Neither trait on its own was/is enough to compete in top company but as the saying says " give me a game dog in good condition and 9 times out of 10 i'll take your money "

In regards to breeding though Don Mayfield was the shining example of why you cant just keep on and on inbreeding,those early dogs of his line that came to Uk and many other countries were genetically superior to anything.....yet had to be outcrossed to get winners !!

Continually inbreeding leads to whats called inbred suppression and a staleness in the genetic potential.....back years ago i was part owner of a dog who at the time was the most inbred Redboy dog alive....he was the ugliest almost deformed incapable looking dog you could find but totally outcrossed could produce fantastic performers......the saying " its in the blood " rings true with this breed possibly more than any other.

good post gnash read bits about mayfield i liked reading about the dog he sent to japan to match the tosas 

53 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Good lad.. clown 

have a Blaze,and chill the f**k out Kev... Being an  Internet hardman don't suit you?Pete's dog was tidy...that f***ing shirt he's wearing needs attention mind???

• Haha 4
43 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

have a Blaze,and chill the f**k out Kev... Being an  Internet hardman don't suit you?Pete's dog was tidy...that f***ing shirt he's wearing needs attention mind???

It was the 60's ,that was fashion then ! 

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

? next time he can keep his comments about my mrs to himself and I won’t need to return the favour will I.