Wales greyhound racing

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

last track is just up the road from me... they used to let us race our lurchers before the greyhounds on that track few yrs back,be a shame if it goes?

We had some wins with our dogs there, d c, a good few years before it was closed and renewed.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, socks said:

One of my dogs held the record for the 630 meters at Swansea when it closed and I think one of my dogs still has the sprint record at ystrad. 

I think plans have been submitted to build a recycling centre at Ystrad Mynach track,just a five minutes drive from me.

• Sad 2
33 minutes ago, socks said:

One of my dogs held the record for the 630 meters at Swansea when it closed and I think one of my dogs still has the sprint record at ystrad. 

Jazz's girl 16.48  310 metres  2009?

Just had a quick look on the site.

I'm going back about 40ish years, at Ystrad.  I think the 'distance' trip then was 515 metres lol.

Did you ever run your dogs at bedwellty?

39 minutes ago, socks said:

Not bad for terrier/whippets ?

• Haha 2
59 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Jazz's girl 16.48  310 metres  2009?

Just had a quick look on the site.

I'm going back about 40ish years, at Ystrad.  I think the 'distance' trip then was 515 metres lol.

Did you ever run your dogs at bedwellty?

Yes but he came down the hill to the bend so fast he  over shot it and jumped the barrier. 

Never really followed the grey hound racing but there was a greyhound back ten year or so that was well known for exploding out the trap. I looked at couple of YouTube videos and was exciting stuff 

• Like 1