Digital I.D... Blair & Hague

2 minutes ago, kanny said:
NEWS.SKY.COM

The former Labour and Conservative leaders have put their political differences aside...

I'm sure it's all good intentions  lol

they both work for the same people behind the scenes we’re like china a dictatorship

• Like 3

I can see Blair wanting this in his quest to be world President in the future globalist government, but I’m disappointed in Hague, he’s went very strange, (ok, he was always a BIT strange), since he left government and was elevated to the Lords.

Cheers.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Hague, he’s went very strange, (ok, he was always a BIT strange)

Sort of went out of the public eye for a bit after the young guy…….Oh,sorry,I mean his PR or chauffeur or whatever……..

They tried to digitalise the NHS & look how many millions went into that failed exercise - now they want to issue ID cards to every man & his dog, what a complete waste of time and money. Pillocks ought to get on with managing the issues we currently face not thinking of more hare brained schemes to cause more. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The idea of photo ID for voting is a good thing in my mind.

Most of us have some form of photo ID now; driving license, passport, bus pass, etc. So a voter ID card for those without any other type of photo ID would be fine with me.

The problem is "mission creep" once the voter ID is introduced there would then be some who who want it to be expanded and for you to carry it at all times and be produced when ordered by the likes of the police.

Still not a bad idea, it could help in the tracking of illegal immigrants, etc, but I get the feeling it would be abused by the authorities and end up a National ID card to be carried at all times.

As someone once said; " give someone power, and they WILL abuse it......give someone absolute power, and they will ABSOLUTELY abuse it"........ 

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Most of us have some form of photo ID now; driving license, passport, bus pass, etc. So a voter ID card for those without any other type of photo ID would be fine with me.

The problem is "mission creep" once the voter ID is introduced there would then be some who who want it to be expanded and for you to carry it at all times and be produced when ordered by the likes of the police.

Still not a bad idea, it could help in the tracking of illegal immigrants, etc, but I get the feeling it would be abused by the authorities and end up a National ID card to be carried at all times.

As someone once said; " give someone power, and they WILL abuse it......give someone absolute power, and they will ABSOLUTELY abuse it"........ 

Cheers.

Agreed. If it was used to catch illegals I'd be in favour. Unfortunately we already have a million illegals and failed asylum seekers who we can identify and still can't deport.....so I'd say start with the other end of the system ?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

We have voter id cards over here,just a card with your pic an date of birth on it,f**k the digital mate

• Like 1

On holiday in Italy, the police boarded a train me and the Mrs were on. They  went through the train asking Italians for ID cards and tourists for passports. We had left ours in our room safe at the hotel. I knew it was a technical requirement to carry passports but I thought, in  reality, nobody would bother.

There were 3 cops with their peaked caps pulled low over their eyes. They tried to frighten us by pretending to  be discussing our lack of passports in serious whispering  tones. They asked for bank cards but we refused to give them over. I told them to ring the British embassy and  at that they promptly f****d off.

That's no way to live.

• Like 1