Aviary ideas please

Hey all,

Ived got some linnets and goldies coming in a few weeks and I’m planning to setup a shed 7x5 or 8x6 approx size.

id like to have half the shed dedicated for the birds flight with access to get on and out for cleaning etc. also easy access for feed/water,

would also be nice to have room for a chair in there so I can hide from the Mrs and kids lol

has anyone got any photos and ideas for this kind of setup?

Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been busy inbetween the snow delays lol got a slab base down and shed erected last weekend Then managed to get the flight up and inside partition sorted today  

That's one of my flight rooms 15ft long by 10ft depth hight 8ft 

Mine has a porch to enter, then a door to the shed for nest boxes and sleeping and a separate door to the flight so one big enclosed area 

Posted Images

no pictures as it was years ago but I built one using a shed as a shelter, built in a safety gate and made panels with roofing battens and chicken wirefor the flight, think the sizes were, shelter 6`x6`, safety gate section was 2` (used that bit for storeage as well) and the flight was 18`x6`, easy enough to rig up a doorway into the flight for cleaning and if it is a 2 part door they can still get shelter from most of the weather, did cheat with nesting areas using 2ltr bottles fastened to the wood in the shed roof, could just unscrew them for cleaning or just throw them away every year

• Like 1

No pics but i would remember you will need space for the young you will breed and even from other pairs if you have more than 2 pairs coming, also a safety porch is a total must and it's gutting to see a bird (had it happen) or even all you have wizz past you and i know it's not as nice as flights but sometimes big breeding cages will help you and the birds better when lack of space dictates..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 23/02/2023 at 00:17, Aussie Whip said:

That's nicer than my home Bangers ?.

Believe it or not my neighbour had just built that as a summer house for him an the wife. But a pub came up for them two to run. He came round and asked me do you want it as a birdroom. He'd built it him self so I knew the thing was built right due to him being a joiner by trade. A watched him build it was only in his garden about 4 months then that pub came up. He was that much of a gent he helped me dismantle it and bring it round. Now we've got some scruffy b*****ds next door that I've had runnings with. Arse holes have two of them pocket pit bull things legs all over the place. One is 12 months other 4 months don't walk them don't think there upto date on vaccination or parasite treatment either. So I'm shitting bricks thinking will my dogs fall ill due to these pricks. Leaves garden full of shit to point that the rain just washes it away.. Other than that he runs over it in summer with lawnmower mucky c**t. So f**k knows when it gets turned into compost whether or not they'll treat it at the plant. Because a do know it gets turned back into compost. So just think all the parasites that will be in that grass then we use it for our gardens an allotments eating the vegetables. Just fucks me off that pricks like this can get away with it but us dog men that treat our animals with the up most respect they deserve get hassle off the RSPCA from time to time or slated by idiots that have no idea the time an effort we put into the dogs. Really fucks me off 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Believe it or not my neighbour had just built that as a summer house for him an the wife. But a pub came up for them two to run. He came round and asked me do you want it as a birdroom. He'd built it him self so I knew the thing was built right due to him being a joiner by trade. A watched him build it was only in his garden about 4 months then that pub came up. He was that much of a gent he helped me dismantle it and bring it round. Now we've got some scruffy b*****ds next door that I've had runnings with. Arse holes have two of them pocket pit bull things legs all over the place. One is 12 months other 4 months don't walk them don't think there upto date on vaccination or parasite treatment either. So I'm shitting bricks thinking will my dogs fall ill due to these pricks. Leaves garden full of shit to point that the rain just washes it away.. Other than that he runs over it in summer with lawnmower mucky c**t. So f**k knows when it gets turned into compost whether or not they'll treat it at the plant. Because a do know it gets turned back into compost. So just think all the parasites that will be in that grass then we use it for our gardens an allotments eating the vegetables. Just fucks me off that pricks like this can get away with it but us dog men that treat our animals with the up most respect they deserve get hassle off the RSPCA from time to time or slated by idiots that have no idea the time an effort we put into the dogs. Really fucks me off 

It's a top bird house. I can relate to you with shitty neighbors, I have to pass past their house at the driveway and cop abuse from a senile old cnt, never did anything to him and if I gave him a flogging I'd be the worst in the world, so just ignore the prick, lol. I don't understand why people get dogs and fail to look after them, sad world these days mate. The good news is my Parson Russells hate him and annoy him a lot with their barking. It seems society everywhere is going down hill.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

It's a top bird house. I can relate to you with shitty neighbors, I have to pass past their house at the driveway and cop abuse from a senile old cnt, never did anything to him and if I gave him a flogging I'd be the worst in the world, so just ignore the prick, lol. I don't understand why people get dogs and fail to look after them, sad world these days mate. The good news is my Parson Russells hate him and annoy him a lot with their barking. It seems society everywhere is going down hill.

True sad world we live in today. The government in my country care more about housing others than they do there own citizens. Then you get dick head's like these next door benefit pushers claiming benefits an cheeky bitch is working too. Then you get likes of my grandparents worked all there life's having to pay full rent and a think council tax because my grandfather gets a work pension that's paid my grandma into it too. What got me government took two quid off him because he got an extra quid uprise on his work pension. How do they work that out he only got a quid extra but take two ? ?.  Then these b*****ds next door are putting shite up there noses in there arms and God knows what ever else. Kills me to watch my grandparents paying out at there age. 

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Kills me to watch my grandparents paying out at there age. 

I think the gov doesn't care about the old people, the good people that built our countries. They have served their purpose and when too old to work just get forgotten and kicked in the guts with more taxes when they make a few dollars to make ends meet. If these junkies are the future, we don't have one. Back when I was young the young people might smoke a bit of weed and play music, all peaceful. Over here now ice is ruining country towns with violence and other crime, it's quite dangerous now at night in a lot of these areas.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I think the gov doesn't care about the old people, the good people that built our countries. They have served their purpose and when too old to work just get forgotten and kicked in the guts with more taxes when they make a few dollars to make ends meet. If these junkies are the future, we don't have one. Back when I was young the young people might smoke a bit of weed and play music, all peaceful. Over here now ice is ruining country towns with violence and other crime, it's quite dangerous now at night in a lot of these areas.

So true mate my grandfather has paid his debt to this country all tax they've had off him the b*****ds. Alot of that spice over here an drinking in town centres sat out side local supermarket begging. Don't get me wrong some are really homeless an good people. But some have flats an a place to live but do it because it's easy money for there drugs an drink. So the real homeless suffer because nobody wants to give them any money. I always see a chap near me an buy him a drink or sandwich a never give them money.  

• Like 3
On 24/02/2023 at 09:10, Bangersanmash said:

How are you using next doors compost on your veg?