Aviary ideas please

I used to have a window box with wire over the top and i grew chickweed in it,the birds could eat away at the chickweed without eating the whole plant . I also grew wild hops up the wire and that did grow faster than the birds did pecking at it,iv'e also grown nettles and docks and a few dandilions in grow bags,but found just picking it all wild and hoofing it in by the bucket load kept the birds occupied and fed what mother nature intended them to eat.I also had a bucket with wire over the top and had rotten fruit in it and it always made me laugh watching the birds chasing and catching the tiny feuit flies,the wire kept the birds out the mush...

• Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been busy inbetween the snow delays lol got a slab base down and shed erected last weekend Then managed to get the flight up and inside partition sorted today  

That's one of my flight rooms 15ft long by 10ft depth hight 8ft 

Mine has a porch to enter, then a door to the shed for nest boxes and sleeping and a separate door to the flight so one big enclosed area 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, fireman said:

I used to have a window box with wire over the top and i grew chickweed in it,the birds could eat away at the chickweed without eating the whole plant . I also grew wild hops up the wire and that did grow faster than the birds did pecking at it,iv'e also grown nettles and docks and a few dandilions in grow bags,but found just picking it all wild and hoofing it in by the bucket load kept the birds occupied and fed what mother nature intended them to eat.I also had a bucket with wire over the top and had rotten fruit in it and it always made me laugh watching the birds chasing and catching the tiny feuit flies,the wire kept the birds out the mush...

Can't beat wild food for the birds. But me I've to be careful with the price of my birds. So buy the liquid form with milk thistle,  dandelion,  and a few more natural plants in. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Can't beat wild food for the birds. But me I've to be careful with the price of my birds. So buy the liquid form with milk thistle,  dandelion,  and a few more natural plants in. 

What is the liquid form bangers?

On 12/03/2023 at 12:05, fireman said:

Any hole a biro pen will fit in a mouse can squeeze through i was once told by a old bird man and after seeing what some of our bigger wildlife can fit into i'd say he wouldn't be far wrong to be honest and i did used to catch mice regular outside in my flights both wood and house mice...

One to me ? 0 to mouse. Big old female mouse this one. Been eating plenty of waste seed off the floor of birdroom. From the look of her she has young on too.

20230314_115022.jpg

20230314_115028.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1