Grass Snakes

Just now, paulus said:

The usual rule with snakes is, You don't bother them and they wont bother you. 

I was walking slowly down a trail keeping an eye on both sides a few days ago,a lady came along when she got level with me she said “Hi,are you looking for something?Have you lost something?” I said I haven’t lost anything thank you,just looking for snakes.She laughed “No need to look for them around here,they come and find you”. Lol

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't see many Grass snakes any more. Last one I saw was when I was mullet fishing up the river and one came swimming by. But Slow worms I have a heathy population in a old compost heap that I do

Little bugger made me jump when it popped out of a crack I was repairing few months back.

few places by me you are garenteed to find a few if you have a look about?

Posted Images

On 06/01/2023 at 17:11, leegreen said:

Cost a whole heap of money, clearing sites of reptiles. You have to be clear for about a week before works are allowed to commence.

Just had to knock a 10 day track renewal for a fckn dormouse, bats badgers Roman snails and great crested newts are a fckn nightmare if we dont find them early enough

1 hour ago, mackem said:

Yup,in London,I am going to look for them next summer,just been out and saw a garter snake swimming across a lake.

I used to keep garter snakes when I was a kid. I would keep them again too with some of the fancy colour morphs being bred now. Thamnophis sirtalis I think their Latin name is.  There is some sub species with really blue sides .

• Like 1
On 29/08/2023 at 16:37, gnipper said:

I used to keep garter snakes when I was a kid. I would keep them again too with some of the fancy colour morphs being bred now.

I saw a couple today,a guy told me they have population cycles,this year is a particularly good year for them,maybe due to the huge number of frogs about?

B8507F88-D4E9-4322-BD2E-FEC3798A1947.jpeg

3DE8701B-2103-4C79-8DD2-6D968B50173D.jpeg

603C66F1-7FC6-4EFF-8922-4B2CCDF630DB.jpeg

• Like 1