New football thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we'v

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

On 05/05/2024 at 19:05, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That Gordon is delivering massively up there ain’t he , what an absolute conundrum for Southgate , already tight for spaces , he has Gordon and madison fighting for a seat . 

personally I’d leave rashford and take them both 

Whatever people's personal opinions of the Newcastle takeover Howe and his team have done a magnificent job in building a team and Gordon personifies that. It is being acknowledged (begrudgingly?) in regard to Isak and Guimaraes, cannot be ignored as they were brought in for a modest fee, by modern standards, and their values have more than doubled, and money gets people's attention. Howe has done the same with Gordon. A young English player with potential but not too highly rated by most who has been one of the standout players in the EPL this season. He now plays with no fear, same as some other young English players particularly Foden. Should be a good Euro's.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Whatever people's personal opinions of the Newcastle takeover Howe and his team have done a magnificent job in building a team and Gordon personifies that. It is being acknowledged (begrudgingly?) in regard to Isak and Guimaraes, cannot be ignored as they were brought in for a modest fee, by modern standards, and their values have more than doubled, and money gets people's attention. Howe has done the same with Gordon. A young English player with potential but not too highly rated by most who has been one of the standout players in the EPL this season. He now plays with no fear, same as some other young English players particularly Foden. Should be a good Euro's.

Looks like we are getting our own “Geordie Stig”;

NUFCFEED.COM

Newcastle United's social media team have whipped up quite a storm today by putting out a teaser for an upcoming...

Cheers.

Just reading the comments on a few forums  it seems hammers fans are mixed about a better style of football if this new lad can bring that up against success in Europe or competing there under moyses style he leaves with a cup and regular prem football so hes done ok never known a move cause such division 

21 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Just reading the comments on a few forums  it seems hammers fans are mixed about a better style of football if this new lad can bring that up against success in Europe or competing there under moyses style he leaves with a cup and regular prem football so hes done ok never known a move cause such division 

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we've done little more than hang him out to dry  publicly courting other managers no wonder the players have downed tools with all the uncertainty the board created....his position became untenable but Moyse did a fantastic job and what the club did last year was incredible id like us to have handled all this with a bit more class if im honest.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 7
On 02/05/2024 at 15:02, WILF said:

Mate, if you like Moyse then that’s fine, I don’t have a problem with anyone liking him.

Stop making excuses pal, all this “this is what you wanted” and all that old caper :laugh:…….if you like it then you like it, I don’t like it…..I think the bloke plays shit football…..What’s the fuss ? :laugh:

For me the fuss is lads like you who was happy to trade up everything chaps like me held dear for something you now dont even want.....culture,identity and traditions are important to some of us thats what the fuss is about.

On 30/04/2024 at 23:44, WILF said:

Of course you would and that would be great for the day it lasted. 

See what i mean.......you're just another typical tv fan now mate you are so out of touch with active lifelong fans that the memories that night created mean nothing to you.....groups of lads travelling around Europe without all the new plastic fans we've inherited were great trips,37 European fixtures in 13 countries scoring nearly 70 goals and lifting a trophy are the greatest years lifelong fans of this club have ever had.....i dont like his football but Moyse gave us memories to last a lifetime with games,moments and experiences that will be talked about for generations to come.....for somebody i always booked as a footie chap to not both understand and value that surprises me.

8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we've done little more than hang him out to dry  publicly courting other managers no wonder the players have downed tools with all the uncertainty the board created....his position became untenable but Moyse did a fantastic job and what the club did last year was incredible id like us to have handled all this with a bit more class if im honest.

Do you seriously believe he wasn’t involved in any of those conversations ? ………he isn’t reading all that in the paper, he knows all about it at the same time as anyone else in the club.

Every man and his dog knew Moyes would be going at the end of this season and a new face would come in.

Pre season starts in July, I’d say clarity for everyone in good time is a good thing…..it’s gives players a chance to give him a “bounce” and a send off and they also know where they stand before they go off on their summer break.

Makes total sense to a plastic fan like me :laugh:

8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

For me the fuss is lads like you who was happy to trade up everything chaps like me held dear for something you now dont even want.....culture,identity and traditions are important to some of us thats what the fuss is about.

Serious question mate, what did you think was going to happen when you follow one of the best known clubs in the top league in the world ? …….did you think they would stay 37,000 capacity in a f***ing paki dive hole of an area that shit to get to forever just because old football lads like a non league vibe but want to watch top flight football ?

That isn’t the direction premier league clubs have been going in for a very long time……I don’t want it to piss down tomorrow but it probably will because that’s just how things are. 

Edited by WILF
10 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Just my humble opinion but to me any “division” amongst fans over the move is because some fans are clinging on to something that is an illusion.

With the greatest of respect to him, I think Gnasher and many like him are doing that.

Like everything else in life, there is what you’d like and there is reality…..the reality is, if you want to “matter” and if you want that down to earth pie and a pint, everyone knows everyone, we are all in it together football experience then you don’t follow the best football “product” in the world premier league team.

You simply don’t matter, they have a product to produce and you are just a small part of it and if it’s not you then it will be someone else…..because it’s an “entertainment experience” in the American style and that’s just what it is.

This will, in fact has to, lead clubs in the premier league in certain directions…..those decisions will be directly relevant to providing the best “entertainment experience” with every bell and whistle, it’s a whole package thing…..venue, players, ease of use and to get to, creating a brand and increasing that brands value……where do all the lads who want to Hokey Cokey down to Upton Park think they fit in all of that ? What relevance do they think they have ?

Thats cold hard reality and it was reality years ago. 

If you want the experience we all used to get at football then you go down you local non league and lower division clubs, if you want to follow your premier league team then you have to accept all that gos with doing that…..that’s just how it is.

5 hours ago, WILF said:

Do you seriously believe he wasn’t involved in any of those conversations ? ………he isn’t reading all that in the paper, he knows all about it at the same time as anyone else in the club.

Every man and his dog knew Moyes would be going at the end of this season and a new face would come in.

Pre season starts in July, I’d say clarity for everyone in good time is a good thing…..it’s gives players a chance to give him a “bounce” and a send off and they also know where they stand before they go off on their summer break.

Makes total sense to a plastic fan like me :laugh:

Of course he was but PUBLICLY courting other managers is two bob.....the fact that the players downed tools with half a dozen games to go tells you it probably wasnt a good idea.

Regards plastic fans there was a time when i never felt any difference towards fans who went to the game or didnt go to the game we are all West Ham.....but the move changed that....lads like you with all this passion and concern for a club you havent been to see in 10 years,who's real concern is how much entertainment they get from a tv programme......i remember being at some of the protests young Mr Swallow organised at the new gaff and reading some of the banners saying " we'll never forgive you " and suchlike......everyone knew the move would split our fanbase and that until silly old fuckers like me who genuinely loved what our club stood for either died or got bored then the club would never be " United " again......thats what you signed up to so getting called " plastic " isnt really too high a price to pay is it.

Edited by gnasher16
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Serious question mate, what did you think was going to happen when you follow one of the best known clubs in the top league in the world ? …….did you think they would stay 37,000 capacity in a f***ing paki dive hole of an area that shit to get to forever just because old football lads like a non league vibe but want to watch top flight football ?

That isn’t the direction premier league clubs have been going in for a very long time……I don’t want it to piss down tomorrow but it probably will because that’s just how things are. 

" paki dive hole of an area that shit to get to " :laugh: you've never been to the bowl have you mate :laugh:

If you think having to walk through one of the busiest shopping centres in Europe to get to a game and then having to queue up for ages getting out again in the same paki dive hole as before is progress or a " non league vibe " then i repeat,you are totally out of touch with the majority of fans !

Its funny how chaps like you who i remember taking such pride in the traditions and identity of our club no longer value them......but hey f**k it who cares eh you got your trophy,you won we lost :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
3 hours ago, WILF said:

Just my humble opinion but to me any “division” amongst fans over the move is because some fans are clinging on to something that is an illusion.

With the greatest of respect to him, I think Gnasher and many like him are doing that.

Like everything else in life, there is what you’d like and there is reality…..the reality is, if you want to “matter” and if you want that down to earth pie and a pint, everyone knows everyone, we are all in it together football experience then you don’t follow the best football “product” in the world premier league team.

You simply don’t matter, they have a product to produce and you are just a small part of it and if it’s not you then it will be someone else…..because it’s an “entertainment experience” in the American style and that’s just what it is.

This will, in fact has to, lead clubs in the premier league in certain directions…..those decisions will be directly relevant to providing the best “entertainment experience” with every bell and whistle, it’s a whole package thing…..venue, players, ease of use and to get to, creating a brand and increasing that brands value……where do all the lads who want to Hokey Cokey down to Upton Park think they fit in all of that ? What relevance do they think they have ?

Thats cold hard reality and it was reality years ago. 

If you want the experience we all used to get at football then you go down you local non league and lower division clubs, if you want to follow your premier league team then you have to accept all that gos with doing that…..that’s just how it is.

Goalposts well and truly shifted :laugh:

Yeah never mind all the values,traditions and respect that me,you and every other West Ham fan took pride in we just want to be able to trot along the street doing the hokey cokey !

I said at the time ive never seen so many good lads sell out on their morals with one little dangled carrot.......fortunately you's all got paid back in the most hilarious way !

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Of course he was but PUBLICLY courting other managers is two bob.....the fact that the players downed tools with half a dozen games to go tells you it probably wasnt a good idea.

Regards plastic fans there was a time when i never felt any difference towards fans who went to the game or didnt go to the game we are all West Ham.....but the move changed that....lads like you with all this passion and concern for a club you havent been to see in 10 years,who's real concern is how much entertainment they get from a tv programme......i remember being at some of young Mr Swallows protests at the new gaff reading some of the banners saying " we'll never forgive you " and suchlike......everyone knew the move would split our fanbase and that until silly old fuckers like me who genuinely loved what our club stood for either died or got bored then the club would never be " United " again......thats what you signed up to so getting called " plastic " isnt really too high a price to pay is it.

No mate, it isn’t and it don’t bother me in the least.

I’m at football probably more than 90% of lads, so I know where I sit in some football lads “pyramid” if such a thing exists…..some of my pals are still home and away, domestic and Europe lads just like you….do you know what their day at football is ?……it’s about getting on the piss and having a day away from the old woman with a football match slung in between.

Going your football is about whatever it’s about to you as an individual, so no, it don’t bother me at all being called a “plastic” football fan because I’m involved in football of some description most days of the week.

I just wish you’d all stop crying about it and harping back to it as an excuse for everything, if you hate it that much don’t go….there are plenty of tiny little clubs would be more than grateful for your tenner gate money. 

That’s what loads of my old pals did over the bond scheme, all in their twilight years now and they probably regard you as plastic fans :laugh:

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

" paki dive hole of an area that shit to get to " :laugh: you've never been to the bowl have you mate :laugh:

If you think having to walk through one of the busiest shopping centres in Europe to get to a game and then having to queue up for ages getting out again in the same paki dive hole as before is progress or a " non league vibe " then i repeat,you are totally out of touch with the majority of fans !

Its funny how chaps like you who i remember taking such pride in the traditions and identity of our club no longer value them......but hey f**k it who cares eh you got your trophy,you won we lost :thumbs:

I’ve was getting driven mad trying to navigate round there when it was still Stratford LIFT so I know it pretty well but if you tell me that commuter transport links to an Olympic venue are worse than to Upton Park then I have to believe you I guess.