New football thread

8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

do you think that Eddie Howe would be interested ? 

Genuine question, why would Howe want that job ? 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we'v

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

My Mrs is like west ham , kicking off every five minutes 🤣

Posted Images

Just now, gnasher16 said:

Because its the highest honour in the English game.

Was once maybe, is it still ?

Id think winning the league or the FA cup would excite a manager more.

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Probably , but who would you get in though ? 

honest thoughts  whose free ? 

Graham Potter is free.

Lee Carsley would be a natural caretaker manager if Southgate walked so he's free.

Do either of them tickle my fancy no not particularly but id kiss their feet if it meant getting shot of big nose !

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Graham Potter is free.

Lee Carsley would be a natural caretaker manager if Southgate walked so he's free.

Do either of them tickle my fancy no not particularly but id kiss their feet if it meant getting shot of big nose !

You may not be far off with Carsley, he just turned down the Ireland job and they went after him heavy…..maybe it’s already a done deal ?

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Was once maybe, is it still ?

Id think winning the league or the FA cup would excite a manager more.

The fact Jack Grealish is willing to sit on the bench for England when he'll be picking up League/Fa Cup/Champions League medals for City probably shows what an honour it is.

Representing your country is still the epitome of the game mate any player will say the same.....why would it be any different for managers.

Just now, gnasher16 said:

The fact Jack Grealish is willing to sit on the bench for England when he'll be picking up League/Fa Cup/Champions League medals for City probably shows what an honour it is.

Representing your country is still the epitome of the game mate any player will say the same.....why would it be any different for managers.

Because I think it would…..that job will break a reputation for life.

Southgate had no reputation to break.

Completely different for a player imho.

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Agreed with all that 

non likes left . 

do you think that Eddie Howe would be interested ? 

Depends on his position at Newcastle mate, I think he will want to stay and see through the project as far as he can, but the board might have other ideas... Perhaps if he is let go it will work for him... Again though, what has he really done?

12 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Depends on his position at Newcastle mate, I think he will want to stay and see through the project as far as he can, but the board might have other ideas... Perhaps if he is let go it will work for him... Again though, what has he really done?

Can somebody tell me in all honesty why a lad like Howe who obviously has a passion for coaching, working with players day in, day out wants the England job ? 

Obviously has the skills to start to build a project, ok it’s been early days for him at Newcastle but I think he has done wonders.

When you hear him speak this lad loves the whole package, the different skill sets, the coaching, the mental side, working with and developing players……..the lad has 20+ years in front of him and I think he has improved his stock no end at Newcastle…….why would a lad potentially throw all that away for a job that’s a hiding to nothing ? 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, WILF said:

Because I think it would…..that job will break a reputation for life.

Southgate had no reputation to break.

Completely different for a player imho.

Has an Englishman ever turned the job down ? im not sure anyone ever has and i dont think anyone ever will.

Anyway early start up the A1 in the morning maybe i'll try and tap Howe up eh ?....beg him ? bribe him ? threaten him ? :whistling:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

What a game that was I didn't see that result coming at 3 1 

Well, Gnash and Wilfy won’t be happy but what a game !

Barnes has looked very good in his last two games, but more injuries for Newcastle.

Cheers.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Well, Gnash and Wilfy won’t be happy but what a game !

Barnes has looked very good in his last two games, but more injuries for Newcastle.

Cheers.

Them injuries seem to come from nothing really given there injury record I wonder if it's something to do with training or would you think it's just back luck I forgot you had Barnes he took that 4 goal brilliantly  kudus is  some player it was shame Gordon got sent of but he knows the rules 

3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Them injuries seem to come from nothing really given there injury record I wonder if it's something to do with training or would you think it's just back luck I forgot you had Barnes he took that 4 goal brilliantly  kudus is  some player it was shame Gordon got sent of but he knows the rules 

I don’t know about how the injuries occour mate, I can only guess it’s the high intensity, high pressing game Newcastle play. 
As for Gordon, yeah we will miss him for two games, but Barnes isn’t a bad replacement !

Cheers.

• Like 1