New football thread

26 minutes ago, big sid said:

your probably correct but if and its a big IF what he was accused of is right its hardly a daft mistake.

The thing he was accused of never went much further than an investigation, I don't think he was ever charged, I'm not defending his morals or the type of man he appeared to be, but he hasn't been charged with anything let alone found guilty... and to add to that he's got a baby with the girl and the live in Spain together as a family.,.. What keeps being repeated from UTD is the womans team wouldn't be happy if he came back, WTF.. when did the womans team have a say on what goes on, it's virtual signalling at its finest at the cost of a career of one of the best talents we have in the country and the cost of the UTD first team, mental!

Again, I'm not defending him as a bloke, if I heard a bloke speaking to my daughter like that I'd kick the f**k out of him, but I'd also seriously question why she is still with him and have a kid together, it aint all black and white eh!

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, big sid said:

yes he was charged with attempted rape , controlling behaviour, and assault,

I didn't think he was actually charged, not checked so not disagreeing, but the end result is the same, whether charges were dropped or none raised he wasn't found guilty, for everyone else that should be it, but for him he's been f****d off to some back water in Spain and can't play for his country... whilst he builds a family with his accuser, surely she is the only one who should have a strong opinion on his actions and it would seem like she's made her decision clear....  

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

The thing he was accused of never went much further than an investigation, I don't think he was ever charged, I'm not defending his morals or the type of man he appeared to be, but he hasn't been charged with anything let alone found guilty... and to add to that he's got a baby with the girl and the live in Spain together as a family.,.. What keeps being repeated from UTD is the womans team wouldn't be happy if he came back, WTF.. when did the womans team have a say on what goes on, it's virtual signalling at its finest at the cost of a career of one of the best talents we have in the country and the cost of the UTD first team, mental!

Again, I'm not defending him as a bloke, if I heard a bloke speaking to my daughter like that I'd kick the f**k out of him, but I'd also seriously question why she is still with him and have a kid together, it aint all black and white eh!

he was charged the charges were later dropped when witness changed their story in my mind money changed the story and money is why she is still there

if a migrant or a black lad with nothing but nothing people would be screeming about deporting him but because he's a top young footie with man u he gets defended, man u moved him out because he is guilty and didnt sack him cos he's worth millions.

• Like 2
Just now, big sid said:

he was charged the charges were later dropped when witness changed their story in my mind money changed the story and money is why she is still there

Could well be mate, she could be shacked up on an estate with some scum bag knocking her about and smoking weed all day and acting the gangster all night... or she could be sunning herself wanted for nothing whilst putting up with another scum bag of sorts... I guess she chose the option which suited her best... it could be he was a complete c**t once, over stepped the mark in a heated moment within a relationship, she reacted badly and then decided it was a one off, "he's actually OK and I want to have a family with him"... who knows? but the facts are he wasn't found guilty and she dropped the charges whilst making a family with him, again I'm not defending the few bits we all heard/read he sounded like a complete c**t, but if behind closed doors they have decided this is the path for them then who are we to judge? And the grounds to restrict his career is based on appeasing certain sectors and not on the law, I'm pretty sure Ten Hag would love to have him back, another 15-20 goals a season right there, but not if your gonna upset the womans team! lol

3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

All really good points mate, and hard to disagree with, and you have as much right as anyone to talk tactics amongst shit kickers like us, you probably watch more football than most, loads of lads I've played with haven't a clue, they don't watch the game like that... 

I didn't see the Brazil game, but I didn't think the Belgium game was defensive, Bellingham and Mainoo rotated constantly and Belgium were chasing shadows in midfield, Rice is sacrificed for this agreed, plus as keep saying we play with very high full backs, Gomez and Chillwell were in the last 3rd more than the first 3rd most of the time. When I played (shit standard in comparison obviously) it was always 1 full back went the other stayed and covered, now both full backs go and the holding midfielder covers, Pep lets the Full back and the centre back go and make the numbers up in Midfield... Now Southgate has nowhere near the technical mind of Pep, and can't work with players every day to get the drills right every time, but I can see what he is trying to do.

Agreed completely on the Italy game, we had that game won in the first half if the players were let loose, these next 8 years if the star players stay injury free you are certainly looking at our golden generation, Braithwaite is looking very good at Everton and will probably move to a "big" club this summer, he looks to be the perfect modern centre back, if we get that right I can't really see a weakness.

This will be Southgates last tournament, I think he has done a lot to get people back behind the team, it feels profesional now, you don't have all the shit stories and scandals coming out of camps, he has put some discipline in place and codes of behaviour... the young lads come over really well in interviews etc

Who would you like to see take over from him?

A lot are saying Eddie Howe, would he leave the Newcastle project or is his time coming to an end anyway?

Be interesting to see who takes over.

Surely the fact that Foden didnt have a touch in the opposition box for 90 minutes is concerning....all the attacking talent we have is being stifled by a manager thats terrified of getting hit on the counter,hence the 2 defensive midfielders it offers us no real commitment to anything creative Southgate shits his pants at the thought of playing an attacking middle of Bellingham/Rice/Maddison i wouldnt even be surprised if he plays Rice/Henderson at the Euros......the likes of Pep/Klopp have the same issues to deal with but they deal with them by being brave,something we can now afford to do ourselves given the quality we have.

Regards who next.....yes i suppose Howe/Potter if we're sticking with an English manager ( which we should )....even the lad Lee Carsley if the FA insist on someone safe and an in - house appointment....he's done well guiding the under 21's to European success and plays attractive football.

I just think this is an opportunity we cannot miss.....yes Southgate has achieved everything the FA brought him in to achieve,but all those things you mention take place off of a football pitch and now its time to address what takes place on it and he's proven he's not the man to do it....he was a political tidy up job and thats done now.....now let these talented young lads off the leash and get after teams.

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No agreed 

but as you yourself know , what’s worse than sitting in a dressing room  and some lunch “, see Pirelli’ have got Dicko back today from suspension , scored a few goals him this year ya know ? “ 

you can’t worry about others game , just your own. 

In the words of the great Eden hazard “ just give me the ball and I’ll score two goals and we’ll win” 

I’d be a massive believer in that attitude mate but in reality it only works upto about step 7 in the football pyramid……at top fight international level one seconds loss of concentration and these players will kill you and then lock up so you are never coming back.

As I say, you ain’t got 38 games to work with, you have 2 or 1 at any given point.

2 hours ago, WILF said:

I get it too because I’ve been saying it about my club team for nearly 3 years, 

England world class player =5+

West Ham world class players = 0

Slight difference mate.

5 minutes ago, big sid said:

if a migrant or a black lad with nothing but nothing people would be screeming about deporting him but because he's a top young footie with man u he gets defended, man u moved him out because he is guilty and didnt sack him cos he's worth millions.

Not exactly mate, the woman herself has made the decision, and had his kid... if an immigrant rapes a woman she aint having his kid and settling down. I also see how the younger generation behave and there doesn't seem to be the same sort of code of conduct/morals from previous generations, men and woman act differently and its more of a take what you want when you want, look at tinder etc, just meet up anytime for sex, it's just different times... again I'm not saying he isn't a c**t, he could well be, he might not be...she ultimately made the call

Just now, NEWKID said:

Not exactly mate, the woman herself has made the decision, and had his kid... if an immigrant rapes a woman she aint having his kid and settling down. I also see how the younger generation behave and there doesn't seem to be the same sort of code of conduct/morals from previous generations, men and woman act differently and its more of a take what you want when you want, look at tinder etc, just meet up anytime for sex, it's just different times... again I'm not saying he isn't a c**t, he could well be, he might not be...she ultimately made the call

It was probably decided they just didn’t need that noise around an already shattered dressing room at Utd, the job was hard enough already. 

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Something struck me in these posts about that Italy game, so I looked up their starting 11 for that game…..how the f**k have we got the cheek to think we should just steam roller over that Italy team ?

Granted Italy are not the force they once was but f***ing hell, just trying to score goals against some of the classiest most experienced defenders in the world is going to require moments of magic.

You are talking about players who know every trick in the book from a footballing culture that taken pride on its defensive ability. 

And then you had Insigne and Imobili to deal with, you can’t just pay players like that no mind while your surge forward.

It was the age old battle of youth & energy versus experience and guile.......like you say they take pride in their defensive ability yet we did the hard part scored and battered them for the first 35 minutes all we had to do was continue taking their ageing legs but what did we do....sit back and let the old boys play the game at the pace they wanted to.......Southgate was gutless that day and we deserved what we got.

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

England world class player =5+

West Ham world class players = 0

Slight difference mate.

Or…….

A team that can be top half in the hardest league in the world with a European trophy under their belt and in the late stages of another……

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

It was the age old battle of youth & energy versus experience and guile.......like you say they take pride in their defensive ability yet we did the hard part scored and battered them for the first 35 minutes all we had to do was continue taking their ageing legs but what did we do....sit back and let the old boys play the game at the pace they wanted to.......Southgate was gutless that day and we deserved what we got.

Fair point, who knows why ?……that’s why gassing football is what we do mate. 

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

.. You'd hope those experiences are valuable next time these lads are in that position.

Thats my whole issue mate.....Southgate doesnt learn from these things and will do exactly the same the next time and the next time.