New football thread

On 28/01/2024 at 16:04, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Wolves / West Brom 

yes 

Great win, pity about the dicks fighting, should took it outside, away from cops etc and sensible fans🤔

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

14 hours ago, bird said:

Great win, pity about the dicks fighting, should took it outside, away from cops etc and sensible fans🤔

Got a couple of Wolves pals who was there apparently it was the usual stuff these days away fans in home parts of the ground,hence it was after a goal that it kicked off.

17 hours ago, WILF said:

How’s things going with that little team you are involved in mate ?

PM the name of you want to and I can keep an eye out for them from time to time.

Pretty good mate thanks nice little away win last night we're sitting at 9th with a couple of games in hand but playing the top two clubs pretty much back to back so might be a tricky few weeks coming up.....all good though,enjoyable,refreshing that kind of thing i'll pm you.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Newcastle wanted him but City wanted £7 million loan fee for the rest of the season and Newcastle to pay his full wages, with no option to buy.

I think they would have went for it if there had been an option to buy, but decided it wasn’t worth it just to be back at square one in the summer and still needing a new midfielder.

Cheers.

Think the lad just wants regular football at this stage of his career.....or maybe he just wanted to get a game for a big club eh ! 😂

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Think the lad just wants regular football at this stage of his career.....or maybe he just wanted to get a game for a big club eh ! 😂

I’m glad you think West Ham are a “big club”, I always have…..we just need to convince Wilf now ! LOL !

Cheers.

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Pretty good mate thanks nice little away win last night we're sitting at 9th with a couple of games in hand but playing the top two clubs pretty much back to back so might be a tricky few weeks coming up.....all good though,enjoyable,refreshing that kind of thing i'll pm you.

Just watched the edited highlights of a couple of your teams games mate, I like them !

Thats entertaining stuff, nice and aggressive front foot football you are playing there, and the quality is decent…..fantastic mate. 

That centre forward of yours is a bit of a monster isn’t he ! Bloody hell, he must be 7ft tall. 

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

As you can see I’m struggling badly with all this “success” stuff, I feel all out of sorts and don’t know my arse from my elbow….can we just stick to well supported small club please, otherwise I’ll have a meltdown ! 

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Just watched the edited highlights of a couple of your teams games mate, I like them !

Thats entertaining stuff, nice and aggressive front foot football you are playing there, and the quality is decent…..fantastic mate. 

That centre forward of yours is a bit of a monster isn’t he ! Bloody hell, he must be 7ft tall. 

" Ladders " you mean 😂.....think he's around 6 ft 7....he'd be at 8 ft 7 if he ever decided to jump !

He's a good lad Brian started off at Grays as a kid,been a good servant to non league footie in this area.....its not bad  though is it mate,pitches could be better though saying that our ground is one of the better ones....i dont get involved in anything coaching wise what do i know but yes its a style of football most clubs at this level play and makes for good competitive entertainment.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

" Ladders " you mean 😂.....think he's around 6 ft 7....he'd be at 8 ft 7 if he ever decided to jump !

He's a good lad Brian started off at Grays as a kid,been a good servant to non league footie in this area.....its not bad  though is it mate,pitches could be better though saying that our ground is one of the better ones....i dont get involved in anything coaching wise what do i know but yes its a style of football most clubs at this level play and makes for good competitive entertainment.

The teams you were playing were all having a decent go as well, as you say, it’s not terrible at that level is it.

And very entertaining for what ?, a tenner or something to get in ?…..can’t go wrong mate.

• Like 1

Great for Calvin Phillips and West Ham, he gets much needed game time and West Ham get a very decent midfielder... can they make the move permanent? Or is it a lan only deal?

West Ham done well when they loaned Lingard a few seasons ago, could have the sane type of impact 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Great for Calvin Phillips and West Ham, he gets much needed game time and West Ham get a very decent midfielder... can they make the move permanent? Or is it a lan only deal?

West Ham done well when they loaned Lingard a few seasons ago, could have the sane type of impact 

See Rashford is attempting his best Pogba impression lately mate.

Forgot to add, Anthony against Newport County has to be one of the great football cringe moments ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

See Rashford is attempting his best Pogba impression lately mate.

Forgot to add, Anthony against Newport County has to be one of the great football cringe moments ! Lol 

You've called the culture out a few times mate, lads with talent but zero attitude... problem is how many can Ten Hag freeze out, Sancho gone, Rashford, Martial, Anthony going the same way.

Some good youngsters coming through, mainoo looks a player, Garnacho has good moments and I like Hoijlond, I think he'll come good..

But is there any true leaders there? Bruno is a very good player, but never a utd captain...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

You've called the culture out a few times mate, lads with talent but zero attitude... problem is how many can Ten Hag freeze out, Sancho gone, Rashford, Martial, Anthony going the same way.

Some good youngsters coming through, mainoo looks a player, Garnacho has good moments and I like Hoijlond, I think he'll come good..

But is there any true leaders there? Bruno is a very good player, but never a utd captain...

I think Hojlund could be a good striker mate given time and the right instruction. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Not sure what level your team is but most seem passionate about football genuine football lads are in the lower leagues but I had a conversation with a lad that played to a good level he said junior league's there's plenty of players and teams but  adult teams are far less now since so many pubs and leagues have shut but I do like the full hearted tackles without the rolling round that lower league brings 

• Like 2