New football thread

9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

It was a shocker he's got to get downgraded or whatever the ref chiefs do....its almost the sort of thing you'd have to fancy his mrs had a nice few quid on a draw and he panicked when he saw a clean pair of heels on Grealish....it was so bad it was good 😂

It certainly had the air of “someones copped a drink” about it that’s for sure ! Lol 

Re " sin bins " and such nonsense i do wonder if they are trying to Americanise the game in terms of drama and maybe even getting fans to spend as long inside football grounds ( spending money ) as possible....whats all these 8 and 9 minute injury times all about.

Also, you get to sell more prime advertising minutes on the telly mate I reckon ? 
But I think we had the conversation years back about the Americanisation of football into an “entertainment experience” 

Ive said for a while now the only thing id possibly like to see tried out is some kind of countdown clock visible around the ground,a bit like in Basketball,this is how long you play for,the clock stops when the ball go's out of play or a player go's down injured etc i dont know maybe 40 minutes each half and 40 minutes is what you will play regardless.....it would stop a lot of the play acting and time wasting thats spoiling the game for an average viewer.....and possibly add a bit of drama everyones a winner.

Saying that id prefer it just went back to the game we all grew up on but i cant see that happening.

There you have it, there was f**k all wrong with it before ! 
That’s why I find the non league so enjoyable mate, good honest players going out and having a decent physical match up every Saturday and all the traditional nonsense that ever went with it.

Ive been watching that “Bunch of Amateurs” on YouTube, brilliant is all I can say…..once you get over his loud-ish manner you realise the lad who runs it is actually a real good old fashioned football lad.

Funny enough they was playing Billericay in the last episode I watched (I’m only on series 2).

Romford have just took over my old local non league club ground after East Thurrock went skint and I was down there a couple of weeks back, decent players, decent football and all for £8 and a score in the half time raffle and you know it means the world to them…..I love all that. 
League Of Ireland is pretty similar. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

PSG's last minute penalty against Newcastle  looks very suspect aswell !

Eight minutes into nine minutes of stoppage time, ( where did they get NINE minutes from ? There were no second half goals and the game was played at lightning pace).

The ref had no hesitation in waving away the penalty appeals, but when VAR got involved he backed down and gave it.

The two VAR officials were stood down for the next games  and UEFA admitted they got it wrong.

Maybe the Qatari's paid a bigger bung than the Saudi's ? LOL !

Cheers.

The PSG penalty decision and the Man City free kick were totally bizarre.

This VAR practice of inviting the ref over to view the action is cowardly.  Basically the VAR officials are dodging a decision and leaning on the ref to agree with them.

How many times do we see a ref stick to his guns and go with his original decision?  He knows if he doesn't do his master's bidding he doesn't work next week. 

If, as has been suggested,VAR gets involved in deciding corners and throw ins, the game will totally f****d.

Man City has been charged with unprofessional conduct after the whistle incident.  The ref should be charged with the same offence.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

Said it for awhile now about var not being fit for purpose and as it looks there sticking with it why not use ex pros that actually know the game like a lot I would rather it got binned of and go back to how it was it's not improved the game imo it's been a disaster 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Sunderland manager sacked 😂 what a bunch of retards calling for him to go for weeks when he does there crying about it  

The gift that keeps giving ! 
Before Voldemort drew attention to them I’d never even given them a second thought…..but now days I’m thinking I’d wish I’d discovered them years ago ! Lol 

The fans in the documentary are the best, they’re all f****d in some way or another…..it’s like someone tipped a bucket of gimp dust over the stadium of light and hey presto !…..the cast of the walking dead ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I've heard there's a shortlist of two for the job, Zidan and Big Fat Sam.......

Cheers.

They both work full time in the local kebab shop so they could manage Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at a push ! Lol 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, big sid said:

neil lennon and warnock in for the job, maybe micky beale

Lennon ...Good call. I was disappointed when Celtic sacked him. He'd done wonders for the club. He was blamed for maffing up the chance of 10 in a row. He could still be there if it wasn't for that. He had  Celtic in his blood.

36 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Lennon ...Good call. I was disappointed when Celtic sacked him. He'd done wonders for the club. He was blamed for maffing up the chance of 10 in a row. He could still be there if it wasn't for that. He had  Celtic in his blood.

Lennon will be made up, 2 shite outfits to choose from what with being in the running for Ireland manager as well ! Lol 

20 hours ago, WILF said:

There you have it, there was f**k all wrong with it before ! 
That’s why I find the non league so enjoyable mate, good honest players going out and having a decent physical match up every Saturday and all the traditional nonsense that ever went with it.

Ive been watching that “Bunch of Amateurs” on YouTube, brilliant is all I can say…..once you get over his loud-ish manner you realise the lad who runs it is actually a real good old fashioned football lad.

Funny enough they was playing Billericay in the last episode I watched (I’m only on series 2).

Romford have just took over my old local non league club ground after East Thurrock went skint and I was down there a couple of weeks back, decent players, decent football and all for £8 and a score in the half time raffle and you know it means the world to them…..I love all that. 
League Of Ireland is pretty similar. 

I can watch a game at any level or any venue and get pleasure from it but naturally you like to see " the best " do it occasionally and unfortunately that comes at a cost both moral and financial....re Billericay ive dipped my toes in the water again recently mate :cry:....much lower level,less expectancy etc hope for a better outcome than before.....raising our attendance from 2 figures to 3 is the first goal 😂....i'll have a look for that Youtube thing sounds a good gig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Lennon will be made up, 2 shite outfits to choose from what with being in the running for Ireland manager as well ! Lol 

Sunderland's FA  cup up win against Leeds in 73 was one of the greatest in the history of the English game. The whole of the nation  was gripped.  It was a classic underdog win against a team which all football purists hated. Leeds were  cynical,  arrogant  and dowright dirty. It was one of those occasions where people remember where they were when the news broke of their win.

I was working that Saturday but everybody just dropped tools and watched the game in a store cupboard on a tiny black and white telly somebody had smuggled in. I can still remember the sense of euphoria that the filthy,mighty Leeds had  finally been humbled.

Edited by jukel123
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Sunderland's FA  cup up win against Leeds in 73 was one of the greatest in the history of the English game. The whole of the nation  was gripped.  It was a classic underdog win against a team which all football purists hated. Leeds were  cynical,  arrogant  and dowright dirty. It was one of those occasions where people remember where they were when the news broke of their win.

I was working that Saturday but everybody just dropped tools and watched the game in a store cupboard on a tiny black and white telly somebody had smuggled in. I can still remember the sense of euphoria that the filthy,mighty Leeds had  finally been humbled.

Was the mighty Joe Bolton playing ?