8 weeks.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

big no for me getting them that early.. 8 weeks plus 10 weeks even better...I think it's daft saying there getting nothing from the mother or siblings...there learning how to be dog... let's

Lol.. some of the replies are golden Your raising pups not lion cubs lol Also seems folk just want shot of the wee terriorsts instead of watching observing and loving the future prospects.

In my experience, most bitches snarl and snap at pups after 5 weeks. The pups scratch the bitch's teats with paws and milk teeth. The bitch gets mugged by the pups for a few minutes and then she has t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

in the real world if you have 2 litters on and tried to put a pup from one on the other it would be dead as soon as you turned your back ? 

No mate not true .Quite a few times ive had litters born same time and evened out pups just after birth .Any bitch that gets nasty after whelping is one to be watched with her own pups .I’ve had a bitch  kill the lot before for no apparent reason .I gave her away after having her spayed .

• Like 2
1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

No mate not true .Quite a few times ive had litters born same time and evened out pups just after birth .Any bitch that gets nasty after whelping is one to be watched with her own pups .I’ve had a bitch  kill the lot before for no apparent reason .I gave her away after having her spayed .

Of course it’s true … McHull knows everything about everything ?

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

these terriers must be something else anytime i’ve seen two litters on the go and they have been evened out there killed as soon as you turn your back mate 

ive never seen litters killed but i’ve seen bits missing bitten off when the bitch been rough with the sack cord 

Just now, mC HULL said:

these terriers must be something else anytime i’ve seen two litters on the go and they have been evened out there killed as soon as you turn your back mate 

ive never seen litters killed but i’ve seen bits missing bitten off when the bitch been rough with the sack cord 

Poor stockmanship mate .Can’t educate those who don’t want to listen .

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Have we ? …… only a breeder would have more than one litter a time ???? 

a breeder ? we’re on about breeding pups it’s only on the hunting life we’re puppy breeders of quality are looked down upon ? why 90 percent of the proper dog men left the site ? it’s full a dreamers 

3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Poor stockmanship mate .Can’t educate those who don’t want to listen .

id never have two litters on the go mate and i wouldn’t dream of putting a pup to another bitch as soon as they smell them you know what’s going to happen 

best to watch help with sack and cord if honest proberly best to do it yourself tie em off 

Edited by mC HULL
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

a breeder ? we’re on about breeding pups it’s only on the hunting life we’re puppy breeders of quality are looked down upon ? why 90 percent of the proper dog men left the site ? it’s full a dreamers 

That why your here still ? I’m here for advice … as you know everything you must either wanna be the new main man or day dream believer ,

4 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

That why your here still ? I’m here for advice … as you know everything you must either wanna be the new main man or day dream believer ,

i’m just saying what i have seen mate when you have a litter a pups leave them on until 10 week and see what happens ?i think to much of me bitch  if i have bred her to let her get abused unnecessarily for no gain 

8 pups at 5 week will sup her dry in a minute plus at that age the bitch is darting  all over trying to get away not going to them etc she’s had enough 

Edited by mC HULL
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’m just saying what i have seen mate when you have a litter a pups leave them on until 10 week and see what happens ?i think to much of me bitch  if i have bred her to let her get abused unnecessarily for no gain 

8 pups at 5 week will sup her dry in a minute plus at that age the bitch is darting  all over trying to get away not going to them etc she’s had enough 

Never seen a litter together after 8 weeks so will take your word on that mate  ?

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Agreed mate .I’d never keep a bitch  with pups against her will at any age .

Ive had a bitch disown a litter in the first two hours .You can’t force a bitch into being a mother .How I do it is let the bitch come and go as she pleases .

If she’s maternal she will want them to suckle way after they need to but if she’s really had enough I’m ok with that .There’s no hard and fast rules either way .I think too many people poke about and keep the lot awake for too long in the early stages .Most bitches I’ve bred have slept most the day after whelping .The pup swap needs to happen that day if it’s going to .

• Like 2