View from your swim part 2

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

On my to do list. Any accompdation you recommend over there for a family of 3?

I travelled 9 hours Friday night/Saturday morning to fish,we have a place in Ottawa,but next year I am thinking of getting an air B’n’B within a few miles of a decent river peak run,drop me a PM if your going to book a flight,I can give you the name of a small town in Ontario with a $50 a night motel walking distance from a river where the numbers of fish will blow your mind,I found an Air B’n’B near there for next season for me and my sons,the fishing is as guaranteed as any fishing can be.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

I travelled 9 hours Friday night/Saturday morning to fish,we have a place in Ottawa,but next year I am thinking of getting an air B’n’B within a few miles of a decent river peak run,drop me a PM if your going to book a flight,I can give you the name of a small town in Ontario with a $50 a night motel walking distance from a river where the numbers of fish will blow your mind,I found an Air B’n’B near there for next season for me and my sons,the fishing is as guaranteed as any fishing can be.

100% i will, she can feck norway off now hahaha

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

100% i will, she can feck norway off now hahaha

Do it with two mates as a really cheap fishing holiday with LOTS of fresh run fish,thousands in truth.Non-resident 8 day Ontario sports fishing licence is £34’ish quid?Theres a Bass-pro maybe two’ish hours away?I have seen lots of women fishing also.

7E19FDE5-D72B-48A5-9C57-B5D8C0687F8C.jpeg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mackem said:

Do it with two mates as a really cheap fishing holiday with LOTS of fresh run fish,thousands in truth.Non-resident 8 day Ontario sports fishing licence is £34’ish quid?Theres a Bass-pro maybe two’ish hours away?I have seen lots of women fishing also.

What kind of salmon are they? Coho?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Took my Lad  fishing Saturday night ...I just sat back and let him do his own thing..didnt fish myself...made me proud as punch,watching him ,hes becoming a cracking little angler,his watercraft has impressed me💯❤️DSC_5077.JPG.606b91b213d549371c3e7cc8a0e270e4.JPGDSC_5088.JPG.f1657eac375edf68033c9d7875f6e331.JPGDSC_5080.JPG.555b33667fdadcc2efc170ec5b37adc2.JPG

D c, you'll know better than me, but when did they start putting the salmon/fish pass in radyr weir?

I was working with Glamorgan woodland Trust, at the time, and Fforest Farm was the headquarters.

I'm thinking 1985ish?

On 24/09/2023 at 19:07, mackem said:

My Mrs would've run a mile from a fish like that, Mack!!  😄👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

D c, you'll know better than me, but when did they start putting the salmon/fish pass in radyr weir?

I was working with Glamorgan woodland Trust, at the time, and Fforest Farm was the headquarters.

I'm thinking 1985ish?

HISTORYPOINTS.ORG

This weir was built in 1774-75 to supply water from the river Taff to Melingriffith tinplate works. The mill feeder...

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, shaaark said:

My Mrs would've run a mile from a fish like that, Mack!!  😄👍

My missus would have got her filleting knife out PDQ.Lots of ladies fish when the salmon run.We are going to a new place later this week up in Quebec.

9A312016-C1E1-4DD6-8C3A-FE3630BB03DB.jpeg

7B91A2B3-7A23-40F6-B25D-462BEE9FDB0B.jpeg

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Daniel cain said:
HISTORYPOINTS.ORG

This weir was built in 1774-75 to supply water from the river Taff to Melingriffith tinplate works. The mill feeder...

Just been reading a few different reports on it all, D c.

Looks like it's had a fair bit of work done on it since I was working in forest farm!!  👍