4 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Personally I tend to support individual cases rather than charities and offer pictures for auction when they fund raise, usually or kids needing equipment or such like and for a couple of sighthound rescues. Unfortunately charity has become big business, I'm sure many still do a good job and are important but i'll stick to doing my bit in my own way..

4 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Personally I tend to support individual cases rather than charities and offer pictures for auction when they fund raise, usually or kids needing equipment or such like and for a couple of sighthound rescues. Unfortunately charity has become big business, I'm sure many still do a good job and are important but i'll stick to doing my bit in my own way..

I worked for an ex forces charity as a case worker for the best part of 10years, Voluntary i may add, When you see one of the heads of THE Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund Turn up in a brand new Wedgewood blue Jag with a registration plate of RAF3 then it starts to make you wonder, One can only assume they had RAF 1 and 2 as well, The charity i worked for was a go between all the military charities and trust me there are hundreds and hundreds of them all with there own paid staff and directors. I have to admit i got totally disillusioned and packed it in.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me personally I think we should donate to the problems in this country before others, like battered wife's,  ex serviceman , children here on our own soil that are in poverty. I think we have enough n

I/We used to donate quite a few quid to a certain childrens home near here until they told us our contributions to the home could no longer be taken and could we instead start giving it to the general

In the last 10yrs,I have only given to the charity fishing comp,and to get an old acquaintance back home from Ibiza after a serious accident...I would give the shirt off my back to help anyone I know