Shropshire Hunting?!

Hello everybody,I just want to start of with saying that today I tried to get myself some shooting permissions to hunt pests/ vermin ,got my nice Sunday clothes on and went knocking on doors. I was met with  fu** offs left and right knocked on maybe 20 doors or so and they all were fu** offs…

I've had enough of trying. For fu** sakes ive been trying for ages now and I just now lost all hope for Telford-Shrewbury (shropshire in general) 

If there is anybody on here that may have some land around Telford-Shrewsbury and would let me shoot on it you’d be the biggest legend going,Im a respectful young lad I wont take the piss if I am given permission,likebring people with me or stuff like that,or shoot things just for fun and leave them dead around

thanks

Denis

• Haha 1

What do you do for work or skilled at? I’m not a shooting man but I was a fencer then done window cleaning gutters etc 

you offer something first then ask for something in return the younger you look the better 

“excuse me sir my name is …….. I can do blah blah blah for you I’m just looking for a little bit permission to practise with my “air rifle on those pigeons eating all your wheat…. I’m moving up to (somewhere fecking miles away) for university in next couple years and a family friend is on a small syndicate shoot that is out every second Saturday I’m welcome theyve said aslong as I can get some experience and show its a love of the countryside I’ve got rather than for posting social media posts like my bloody cousin

infact even if you say no is there anychance you’ve a syndicate that runs on your land that would let me come beating free of charge let me learn as much as I can 

follow that script and I’ll eat my shoe if you don’t get something even if it is a days beating which to be honest is your best key to the door of fieldsports older wiser people to guide and mentor you and they will if you show keeness and respect make yourself bloody useful ask for nothing don’t be overbearing let it come to you and it will 

beating from 11 surrounded me with people with same interest educated and shaped me as the person I am today and is probably influencing decisions I make on a daily basis ie skive work go coursing 

All the best 

• Like 3

Sunday best  ?

c0eb8742cc7715c2e6bafaa80fe7d13b.jpg

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Denboy.22 said:

Hello everybody,I just want to start of with saying that today I tried to get myself some shooting permissions to hunt pests/ vermin ,got my nice Sunday clothes on and went knocking on doors. I was met with  fu** offs left and right knocked on maybe 20 doors or so and they all were fu** offs…

I've had enough of trying. For fu** sakes ive been trying for ages now and I just now lost all hope for Telford-Shrewbury (shropshire in general) 

If there is anybody on here that may have some land around Telford-Shrewsbury and would let me shoot on it you’d be the biggest legend going,Im a respectful young lad I wont take the piss if I am given permission,likebring people with me or stuff like that,or shoot things just for fun and leave them dead around

thanks

Denis

Its like I said the other day; an air gun pest control is bottom of the pile. All you could realistically hope for is a bit of ratting on a chicken or pig farm, maybe feral pigeons around barns on a cereal farm. People on here are not likely to share their permission with a stranger just because he wants to shoot. Try asking on a farming or small holder forum or call round some allotments and ask those with chickens if they have a rat problem. Or, as I suggested, do a bit of beating. That might open a door for you.