Peter Kay

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin bridges head and shoulders above Peter Kay for me . Pure genius .     

You’ll never beat Billy Connoly simply because he never really repeated himself, making up most of it as the night went on. He could change direction in a heartbeat which made you sit up and want to k

I don't get it. Gervais is a comedy void for me. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, dytkos said:

Went to see him at Porthcawl when on holiday, about 35 years back, started about half 7, didn't get out till about 1 in the morning ? 

Cheers, D.

We saw him in Sheffield about 15 years ago. He turned up on stage with a flask and sandwich box, turned to the audience and asked whether we had brought anything. You certainly got you money's worth. 

A year or so after I heard a radio show from the 70's. Other than the tax gags it was badically the same script. God bless him.

• Like 1
On 15/11/2022 at 19:08, low plains drifter said:

Here's the very fellow for you Squire 

??? Absolutely brilliant that was chief !....no idea who the geezer is but a typical example of how some comedy doesnt even need to be funny it just needs to be honest......superb....conversations me and pals have been having for years.......thanks for that,good find :thumbs:

• Like 3
23 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Liked Dave Allen. 

Tommy Tiernan Billy Connolly. 

Dave Allen,now theres a good shout....very funny man just naturally.

In the early 90's i worked in Leicester Square and would go in the Comedy Club from time to time they would have young comedians on doing there bit then occasionally have a " real " comedian come in and do a bit.....Dave Allen was in there one night and absolutely brought the house down,didnt swear,didnt shout......just spoke.......but was hilarious,very talented man.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
On 15/11/2022 at 16:05, gnasher16 said:

Geezers reasonably funny but why does he talk like he's got a mouthful of drawing pins.

Flannagan is alright and Peter Kay was good in his day,Billy Connely etc but i think you always end up siding with comedians from your own area as you connect with them so much better i always thought for pure joke telling Mike Reid had no equal......went to see Jimmy Jones a few times as well but cant honestly say theres anyone around at the moment id go out my way to watch.

Jimmy Jones a regular at the Steamship behind Blackwall Tunnel lol Kin ell…

22 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Superb ?....i just love being around funny people ive a couple of pals who can just turn it on and off and its brilliant...even if they're taking the piss out of me i dont care, i often find myself saying " come on be funny " .....i mean,what sort of thing is that to say to a mate i feel a right berk saying it but as a quick little pick me up its just needed sometimes, everyone should have a funny mate in my opinion.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Jimmy Jones a regular at the Steamship behind Blackwall Tunnel lol Kin ell…

Kin Ell,Kin Ell....used to see him at the Circus Tavern years ago....admittedly every third time you saw him you're on repeats but another good straightforward joke teller.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Kin Ell,Kin Ell....used to see him at the Circus Tavern years ago....admittedly every third time you saw him you're on repeats but another good straightforward joke teller.

The good old Circus Tavern Chicken & Chips in a basket always a good night I see Freddie Star there a couple of times, strangely enough my sister in law married into his family it was weird visiting and seeing pics up on the wall didn’t last long though the bloke she married was a strange one and he soon got binned off ?

You’ll never beat Billy Connoly simply because he never really repeated himself, making up most of it as the night went on. He could change direction in a heartbeat which made you sit up and want to know what the hell was coming next. Jok.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, jok said:

You’ll never beat Billy Connoly simply because he never really repeated himself, making up most of it as the night went on. He could change direction in a heartbeat which made you sit up and want to know what the hell was coming next. Jok.

I see him once in a smallish venue at the peak of his Big Yin days he didn’t tell one joke all stories that were some how connected when he told the big slipper story I looked around and people were literally crying tears running down there faces with laughter bloke was so funny shame he’s not a well man now but he’s lived a life.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, jok said:

Agreed...i think thats the difference between a comedian and a naturally funny person....i could stand telling jokes all night and get a laugh but to just " be funny  " in front of an audience is hard work/pressure like no other.....a lot of it is natural talent in my opinion i know a lad from schooldays who just had a funny way about him the way he told a story etc.....still keeps us all giggling to this day bless him.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Superb ?....i just love being around funny people ive a couple of pals who can just turn it on and off and its brilliant...even if they're taking the piss out of me i dont care, i often find myself saying " come on be funny " .....i mean,what sort of thing is that to say to a mate i feel a right berk saying it but as a quick little pick me up its just needed sometimes, everyone should have a funny mate in my opinion.

IMG_20211221_151816_HDR.jpg

LPD. You are, in my opinion, totally correct. When I am in company, generally the people make the comedy. You sit back, listen, absorb, and at the right moment come up with something related which makes them laugh like crazy. It’s so easy to make comedy out of just about any subject if you have that frame of mind. I do. Jok.

• Like 1