Going to be a good one *Trapping Rendezvous*

Fall Trapping Rendezvous is here ? spent the night having a round table discussion with the NTA President ( National Trapping Association) , had some good food discussed some political stuff how to reach more people , education and so on.

IMG_20221104_191521809.jpg.9e6e37fdcd77a2a3484543bbd286792a.jpgIMG_20221104_195622412.jpg.815c57a8bd22531d633fba147039863e.jpg

The fun starts today though ! Going to have demos lots of people vendors and food ? will keep posting pictures though the day ? 

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anything imho that doesn’t humanely despatch the quarry , ie those squirrel traps or hold them live in a cage , eg fox traps etc , needs consigned to the dustbin as it’s f***ing despicable .  the

Good job every gun  just instantly kills it's quarry and every hunting dog kills with one swift bite to break a animals neck then eh....

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Wolfdog, what's that bottom trap in the case for? 

#5 generally a beaver trap.  Big back feet need a big jaw spread. That being said some use them on dry land for My.lion and wolves.

• Like 1

Anything imho that doesn’t humanely despatch the quarry , ie those squirrel traps or hold them live in a cage , eg fox traps etc , needs consigned to the dustbin as it’s f***ing despicable . 

the idea of a animal like a fox , wolf , mountain lion , bear stood with a wrought iron teeth trap tearing its tendons and bone apart over a period of time whilst it struggles , seems abhorrent to me .

• Like 11
19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Anything imho that doesn’t humanely despatch the quarry , ie those squirrel traps or hold them live in a cage , eg fox traps etc , needs consigned to the dustbin as it’s f***ing despicable . 

the idea of a animal like a fox , wolf , mountain lion , bear stood with a wrought iron teeth trap tearing its tendons and bone apart over a period of time whilst it struggles , seems abhorrent to me .

I could really write a whole essay on the matter and I've done papers on it but stuff has come a looooong way.  I've run cameras on animals in traps their been tons of research with the bumps and the like and honestly with modern traps a practices stuff is extremely humane.

Most of the guys here live market so we require traps that treat them the absolute best. We cannot have damage .  That along with the fact we deal with a lot of non targets ( domestics animals like bobcats that we can't keep) we simply cannot get away with stuff like your saying.Most of the time you cant even tell what foot these animals where caught on. And after a day or two their perfectly fine.

Laminations, shock springs , swivels and absolute plethora of other things have absolutely changed what we do from the olden times . Alot of what was accepted 20years ago as far as trap has been completely redone. Heck most traps now days physically don't even close all the way. Also toothed traps have been banned in 90 of the US so... Honly we can't afford to just be half assed and do still like with what your saying. Honestly most people out side of the U.S ( and I don't mean this as an insult) don't really have a real clue about what me do in the moden day. Honestly what most of y'all across the pond think we do is just plain not acceptable and if your where doing some of that craps and we find out is not going to be good

Interesting fact though. If you look at a few studies , tt. Turnbull and associates being a very good on dealing with red wolves , a properly made and design toothed trap like the LPC #7 actually causes less damage and is better for the animal long term.

And btw all this bull crap about animals fighting to traps to death is bullshit. Like seriously. Most of them will fight for less then 10min tops and just lay down.  You can look at the teachers of the night dvd series and see this with beaver coon fox coyotes ECT. Half the time if your checking early you'll pull up and their asleep on the trap.

Something youll find interesting on how researcher trap wolves for radio collaring.

WWW.TRAPPERSPOST.COM

Read a sample article like those which appear in the Trappers Post.

Screenshot_20221105-071914.png.51a02692de43712b527edd7166cca8a2.pngScreenshot_20221105-071919.png.fff413efdb76ebcb8d036283621df14c.png

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Thanks for the erudite reply , however like all things , there’s bound to be a rouge element where the laws just aren’t even thought about. 

im not having though that after a couple of days a large animal just walks off a steel bit trap puncture 

Trust me, they will. You see what they survive on average when it comes to injuries they receive from each other ?

Any how those types of traps are used by researchers primarily anyhow.

And yes the rouges.....ught don't get me started . Billy Bob the farmer who has f**k all knowledge about anything or the soccer mom who has a curel streak for the racoon that killed her back yead chickens.... Most of the bad stuff you see if from Jack asses like that. And we try very very hard to keep them in check

But anyhow 

• Like 1

I don’t agree that things just “lay down” after ten minutes mate, anyone who has caught anything in a wire will tell you that many times the area is wrecked, they don’t do that in ten minutes. 

Can’t speak for the rest of your (very good) post because I don’t have that experience ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

I could really write a whole essay on the matter and I've done papers on it but stuff has come a looooong way.  I've run cameras on animals in traps their been tons of research with the bumps and the like and honestly with modern traps a practices stuff is extremely humane.

Most of the guys here live market so we require traps that treat them the absolute best. We cannot have damage .  That along with the fact we deal with a lot of non targets ( domestics animals like bobcats that we can't keep) we simply cannot get away with stuff like your saying.Most of the time you cant even tell what foot these animals where caught on. And after a day or two their perfectly fine.

Laminations, shock springs , swivels and absolute plethora of other things have absolutely changed what we do from the olden times . Alot of what was accepted 20years ago as far as trap has been completely redone. Heck most traps now days physically don't even close all the way. Also toothed traps have been banned in 90 of the US so... Honly we can't afford to just be half assed and do still like with what your saying. Honestly most people out side of the U.S ( and I don't mean this as an insult) don't really have a real clue about what me do in the moden day. Honestly what most of y'all across the pond think we do is just plain not acceptable and if your where doing some of that craps and we find out is not going to be good

Interesting fact though. If you look at a few studies , tt. Turnbull and associates being a very good on dealing with red wolves , a properly made and design toothed trap like the LPC #7 actually causes less damage and is better for the animal long term.

And btw all this bull crap about animals fighting to traps to death is bullshit. Like seriously. Most of them will fight for less then 10min tops and just lay down.  You can look at the teachers of the night dvd series and see this with beaver coon fox coyotes ECT. Half the time if your checking early you'll pull up and their asleep on the trap.

Something youll find interesting on how researcher trap wolves for radio collaring.

WWW.TRAPPERSPOST.COM

Read a sample article like those which appear in the Trappers Post.

Screenshot_20221105-071914.png.51a02692de43712b527edd7166cca8a2.pngScreenshot_20221105-071919.png.fff413efdb76ebcb8d036283621df14c.png

Very sensible cool measured reply backed up with documents well done keep it coming ?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Good job every gun  just instantly kills it's quarry and every hunting dog kills with one swift bite to break a animals neck then eh....

• Like 10
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I don’t agree that things just “lay down” after ten minutes mate, anyone who has caught anything in a wire will tell you that many times the area is wrecked, they don’t do that in ten minutes. 

Can’t speak for the rest of your (very good) post because I don’t have that experience ?

Never they don't fight more. But they don't just sit there and fight for eight hours straight generally. Their always wild cards. Majority will calm down after a few minutes ,sleep , then fight a little more though the night some will fight like helpp some littlery just plain won't.

• Like 1
  • Wolfdog91 changed the title to Going to be a good one *Trapping Rendezvous*