Metal detecting Guys

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well out today windy as f**k ground was hard work with sensitivity few buttons and pennies and crap was about to give up as the farm as been hit hard by a club. Then hit a Roman Dolphin brooch ga

Out today with the new spade got to say it's very good. Dug some junk but did get a 1697 William 3rd sixpence was chuffed with that. Cheers Arry

No Mack I'm going to taste both. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

Although my Birthday was really a month ago a present from my Lad has only just arrived a new shovel for detecting. Nice and light adjustable length will be better the the tree shovel I've been luging about as the ground was so hard. Or the short Roughneck one that I had to bend over so much, happy days.

IMG_0583.jpeg.1fe9dbcab58ceffd660dfe028c349a8f.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
2 hours ago, steve66 said:

Cracking find that Arry, they make some decent spades and sand scoops for detecting these days a lot better than using rough necks ?

The spade is Called Megrafter made by a one man band in his shed. Its well light carbon shaft thats adjustable, to be honest I thought it was over the top. But its bloody good much easier and my back feels load better than normal after a trip out. So I give it the thumbs up.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Yesterday big fields as dead a f**k wondering at time if the machine is on even an Iron Age fort in the woods. 

Today a little paddock Iron signals everywhere but ended up with a pouch full of crap lol.

IMG_0655.jpeg.569bafdd936aaa3949fe332c4993a6f8.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg.926cd5b219a34c3a5994cbab26d54b73.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

Any you lads think what date this lead or smelter candle stick I dug up yesterday? Has some kind of metal rod inside it holding together.

Always interesting helps date what might come up in the paddock.

IMG_0670.jpeg.c66681afc2a3f619b4b72a2909064599.jpeg

IMG_0672.jpeg.e75b9875f215b8cb9590127837a10d0f.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

having thought about getting a metal detector for a long time i really looked into it and found you can not detect anywhere except you back garden.glad i did as i was about to buy one.all local clubs are not taking new members so that was that.

20 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Just seen a few things in a customers garage that he finds on the Somme 

PXL_20230720_160707228.jpg

I saw a documentary once about a bloke who made a living selling WW2 memorabilia he detected on the continent.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Just seen a few things in a customers garage that he finds on the Somme 

PXL_20230720_160707228.jpg

Them bullets are live...so it begs the question is that shell live...?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

having thought about getting a metal detector for a long time i really looked into it and found you can not detect anywhere except you back garden.glad i did as i was about to buy one.all local clubs are not taking new members so that was that.

I detect on ground I ferret and used to shoot on mate and with the farmers permission you can detected on their land. You can also detect on most beaches a few councils have stoped detectors. Ask any farmer that owns the land and if he says yes you are okay to go. 

You might want to draw up a contract as to how you share and valuable finds that all.

I'm not in any club and just go out by myself.

I am a member of the NCMD and for £8 gives £10 million public liability and lot of advice. 

Cheers Arry

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

Them bullets are live...so it begs the question is that shell live...?

No, apparently his mate who owns a farm on the some deactivates them. The bullets had holes drilled in the sides. He has been doing it for years out there for the tourist market 

20 hours ago, Arry said:

I detect on ground I ferret and used to shoot on mate and with the farmers permission you can detected on their land. You can also detect on most beaches a few councils have stoped detectors. Ask any farmer that owns the land and if he says yes you are okay to go. 

You might want to draw up a contract as to how you share and valuable finds that all.

I'm not in any club and just go out by myself.

I am a member of the NCMD and for £8 gives £10 million public liability and lot of advice. 

Cheers Arry

problem with that is not knowing any land owners and ones i do know have lots of things they have buried on their land that they do not want me finding/digging up.

• Like 1