A trip to the flat lands

So yesterday I went down to Lincolnshire to catch up with some mates, the intention was to start off with the ducks but that didn’t come to much due to a serious lack of water, although I was a bit down the lad organising it couldn’t apologise enough and has invited me back down later in the season for a duck flight on a private estate and the out on the geese ? next stop was some ruff shooting with the rifles and a bit of everything here, good fun. By now it was just starting to get dark so it was time for a kebab and a natter before we headed out after the gingers, now it was very bright and there wasn’t a breath of wind but we made the best of what we had, we decided that we both would shoot, taking turns, I like this, it’s good when there’s a couple of you shooting with a bit of banter, although we seen 11 we only managed 4, 2 each with no misses, we had one each that we both had to push the distance a fair bit due to the moon but the .243 still made a proper mess of it, with a bit of luck I’ll be back down there for another go at the foxes in the not too distant future and anything else they’ll let me have a go at ??

F6FC9298-BF51-48D8-8121-571965B831D2.jpeg

EDD39102-F56A-4710-92BE-398AD8599B01.jpeg

338DA4EF-B9E3-4E71-B9C6-20998C310AC1.jpeg

A7045FE4-F3C1-4983-AA3E-078595C99C1C.jpeg

• Like 9

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So yesterday I went down to Lincolnshire to catch up with some mates, the intention was to start off with the ducks but that didn’t come to much due to a serious lack of water, although I was a bit do

You know what, I haven’t had a kebab in years and it’s a bit of a night out ritual with that lads down there before shooting and yes I went chilli mental and told him to hold the salad, it was bloody

I’ve never understood why people think you can’t shoot them in a full moon, you can shoot them in day light ? admittedly we would of had more with cloud cover but if it was easy it would be boring ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Nice little trip Stavross, and a good result on Charlie considering the bright conditions . Did you have extra chilli sauce on the Kebab ? .  

You know what, I haven’t had a kebab in years and it’s a bit of a night out ritual with that lads down there before shooting and yes I went chilli mental and told him to hold the salad, it was bloody handsome 

one thing I forgot to mention was the sticks ( tripod) I was using, my mate got a lend of them from Scott County to do a review on them, they are Rekon 260 rips edition, they are unbelievable they are like shooting off a bench but standing up, you have got no chance of pulling a shot because nothing moves, I thought, I’ve got to have some of these, then I was told the price, fu*k me, I almost fell over. £599, I would lay on my back with my legs in the air and you could rest your rifle on my bollocks for that price ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Haha 7
2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

You know what, I haven’t had a kebab in years and it’s a bit of a night out ritual with that lads down there before shooting and yes I went chilli mental and told him to hold the salad, it was bloody handsome 

one thing I forgot to mention was the sticks ( tripod) I was using, my mate got a lend of them from Scott County to do a review on them, they are Rekon 260 rips edition, they are unbelievable they are like shooting off a bench but standing up, you have got no chance of pulling a shot because nothing moves, I thought, I’ve got to have some of these, then I was told the price, fu*k me, I almost fell over. £599, I would lay on my back with my legs in the are and you could rest your rifle on my bollocks for that price ?

Or all fours with your arse in the air for a rest. Saves getting a wet back, don't ask how I.....

• Haha 4
11 hours ago, David.evans said:

Well so much for you can’t shoot foxes in a full moon 

well done mate 

atb 

I’ve never understood why people think you can’t shoot them in a full moon, you can shoot them in day light ? admittedly we would of had more with cloud cover but if it was easy it would be boring ?

• Like 4

Born and raised on the edge of Linc's. Still spend a lot of time there. I generally haven't much good to say about the f***ing place. :laugh:

However, it's a quiet part of rural England. Often you can feel completely alone there (in a good and bad way). Walking out early doors under that big sky has a charm I've only come to appreciate since leaving.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1