New York beckons

6 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

No,once is enough,...it's as expected ,a concrete jungle,...I like walking ,I do a lot of it ..but after the 1st day of being amazed by the towering buildings,then it's fairly repetitive,the tourist attractions are good ,very expensive mind but something you won't ever see or do again,.being from a small city,the noise and crowds are are a sensory overload...now if ye like shopping for shoes , clothes,there's no where better , it was an experience and next holiday I'll be out walking at dawn and not be twitching and watching everyone around me,lol

Never fancied ny to be honest. Hopefully will get to New Zealand one day. Wish I went when younger but will get there one day lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sight

I'll be with the wife ...there'll be feck all blowing of any form I can guarantee ye lol

I retired at 51 after 26 years out there and kept my airline benefits, including the free flights for me an my missus. We still travel a lot, the missus more so than me. I've not worked again, and don

Posted Images

The flight to New York's 6 and a half hours,it's a long time to be stuck in a seat,...it's put me off anywhere further than that,...I might hit America again, but not anywhere there's large cities I think ,it was a good break but glad to leave it too,I went down to the subway one evening,and that was it,too many folk all crushed together,I didn't feel one bit safe ...the poverty is all around to be seen,...sad to see folks going through trash cans and sleeping in bus stops ...I gave this friendly ole bloke 10 dollars on day,poor b*****d was a nice ole lad,told the bloke in the hotel I was talking to him and he gave me a right sermon,never take money out on the street and never speak to "those type " of people ....I thought what a sad state of mind but he probably had his reasons ,

• Like 3

Try and come down south next time. We're much cheaper down here . Hell my friends in NY don't believe me when I tell them but for the $2500 most of them pay for a studio apartment you can legit have a whole house

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, mackem said:

Which airport you fly into jig? Got to be in LA in three weeks time so got a flight to Newark, gives me a couple of weeks to overland down and have a mouch about. 

IMG_20230619_172808.jpg

JFK airport Macken,....it's like a mini city itself lol....I don't travel much so was amazed at a lot of trivial things 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

JFK airport Macken,....it's like a mini city itself lol....I don't travel much so was amazed at a lot of trivial things 

Yes, been in JFK before,only took Newark as its a convenient time to leave Heathrow.Looking forward to wandering overland down to LA, Trains Planes and Automobiles. 

1 minute ago, mackem said:

Yes, been in JFK before,only took Newark as its a convenient time to leave Heathrow.Looking forward to wandering overland down to LA, Trains Planes and Automobiles. 

I don't have the adventurous spirit in me,I get too apprehensive and jittery amongst hoards of humans lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

I don't have the adventurous spirit in me,I get too apprehensive and jittery amongst hoards of humans lol

Meeting different types and characters of people is part of the adventure Jig,strangers are just friends we haven't met yet. 

Yeah,I was told ....it won't be an issue again cause I'm never going into huge cities again ,despised the whole situation,...the people I met I didn't find very friendly either 

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I hated New York ,dirty ,smelly place .Reminded me of London East end 

I lived in a caravan in Docklands for a year and a half,loved it to be honest,and lived in Hong Kong which was as densely packed as sardines in a tin,I quite like cities and people.

22 minutes ago, mackem said:

I lived in a caravan in Docklands for a year and a half,loved it to be honest,and lived in Hong Kong which was as densely packed as sardines in a tin,I quite like cities and people.

Can keep it Mac .

29 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Yeah,I was told ....it won't be an issue again cause I'm never going into huge cities again ,despised the whole situation,...the people I met I didn't find very friendly either 

Soon as they know your a tourist wallop ,money ,money ,money .

Hate poor people tbh .

2 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Im the exact opposite

I am quite adaptable,been in genuine wilderness many times,but I also like people watching,I am sure NYC-LA overland will be interesting,I could have just flown direct but feel like a walkabout.