One for the pot

On 30/08/2022 at 15:49, Aled said:

I do remember my cousin being on strike in 1984,  he said if they weren't on the picket line, they were in the field, at the allotment, or on the river bank.  He said some people ate rabbit so often they haven't eaten it since the end of the strike. 

Cheers. Aled

Same as during the strike we ate rabbit duck pheasant and my favourite was the blue hare that the wife would roast then put in a pie. I honestly can't remember the last time i ate any of these and if i suggested getting and eating any of the above i think the old woman would belt me around the head with the frying pan.lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only in the winter of the miners strike when me and the wife and a two year old only got 20 pound a week to live on every rabbit hare pheasant partridge counted not so much to eat but to sell i also t

I well remember working on a trout farm back in 1985. Farm went bankrupt mid November,  we was out of work being owed a month's wages, Christmas coming up, no jobs about and a wife and 1 Yr old to car

I can't remember HAVING to catch something to eat because there was nothing in the 'fridge, but I can remember not having a 'fridge.....or a 'phone, or a telly ? I know when times were a little t

Posted Images