Coonhound.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My earliest memories are of my fathers English coonhounds. We hunted from mules. These mules were bred from a pony to a jack.They could hop a fence.We hauled them in the bed of a

I was at a local show yesterday and got talking to a lady with a coonhound. I didn't get a pic, but it was very much like this "stock photo"; I'd never seen one in this country before,

Maybe  they'll lose popularity as pets if they sing. My neighbouring farm here has a few harrier types that they run with the local foot pack. When I'm walking my dogs in the the morning they (the nei

Posted Images

13 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Said it in here a few times. I’d love to get over to America tk hunt and fish, but even for all the running yotes an treeing cats an bears, which I’d love to do, it would be the coonhounds an squirrel dogs id want out with first an would be more gutted at not getting to do it than any of the rest, maybe one day 

The coon hunting is great

DSCN0361 (1).JPG

DSCN0422 (1).JPG

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv always wanted to give it a try since i watched where a red fern grows as a kid, my record means it most prob never happen, but it’s one first things I’d want to do on getting there an could see myself fcukkng everytbkng else off to keep doing it ?

I should have been going over again in september but have had to knock it back

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv always wanted to give it a try since i watched where a red fern grows as a kid, my record means it most prob never happen, but it’s one first things I’d want to do on getting there an could see myself fcukkng everytbkng else off to keep doing it ?

Do it Germany 

• Like 1

A few lads I know from Yorkshire went to the states on a hunting holiday, I was suppposed to go with them, but I was on a hunting holiday of my own in Australia at the time.

They did everything from badger digging with terriers to treeing black bear and bobcat with hounds. I saw the photographs and listened to the tales......I was well jealous! ?? !

Cheers.

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t want no stinking collie dog I want coon hounds. Is probably my favourite line ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Hasn't Germany got a massive raccoon problem? And apparently there's a raccoon population in the UK, anyone ever seen one here? 

Is that the true raccoon or the raccoon dog ?

Racoon dogs were introduced to Europe for the fur trade and are now considered an invasive species in a lot of European countries.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Racoon dogs were introduced to Europe for the fur trade and are now considered an invasive species in a lot of European countries.

Cheers.

Both I have been led to believe charts ? there was footage somewhere, haven't seen it for a while, of a raccoon in a UK garden, comes over the fence. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

caught one a couple of yrs ago

DSCN0829 (1).JPG

DSCN0826 (1).JPG

• Like 2