Archie Battersbee

What an absolute tragedy . I genuinely have no idea how the family are coping . 

to be told Monday , that the life support is getting turned off today , 11th hour reprieve , to be be told it’s now tomorrow . 

That family must be through the ringer , my heart goes out to them . I genuinely can’t grasp how anyone involved in that decision can look at themselves no the mirror 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Some of you will I Lost one of my lads when he was 19 after a RTA. He was still alive but brain dead all wired up look okay but he was gone. We went though switching off the life support and waiting for him to die. You never get over it you just learn to live with it 20 years ago now but still hurts and haunts us remembering that 24 hour that it took after the switch is turned off.

My heart goes out to his mother and father but in my heart they should let him go. 

Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 25
5 minutes ago, Arry said:

Some of you will I Lost one of my lads when he was 19 after a RTA. He was still alive but brain dead all wired up look okay but he was gone. We went though switching off the life support and waiting for him to die. You never get over it you just learn to live with it 20 years ago now but still hurts and haunts us remembering that 24 hour that it took after the switch is turned off.

My heart goes out to his mother and father but in my heart they should let him go. 

Arry

Jesus mate . 

I’ve read your posts from time to time and you come over as a good lad , I bet you were a great dad . 

I hope you find some peace in this life . 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
35 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Jesus mate . 

I’ve read your posts from time to time and you come over as a good lad , I bet you were a great dad . 

Amen to that brother ?

51 minutes ago, Arry said:

Arry

Although I knew this it still breaks me reading it mate... 

f**k its just so sad to even think about it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Arry said:

Arry

Bloody hell Arry ,that's something so bad to go through ,can't begin to imagine what you and family went through ,so sorry ! 

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Jesus mate . 

Arry is a top bloke mate, has loads of knowledge on all things countryside and is free in sharing it with you... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I can only agree with what the chaps above have written Arry...

I did know you had lost your son ..I remember you saying on a past thread about how you go to the spot you spread his ashes...if I remember right it was under  a tree on a hill where you often went ferreting together...all the best TOMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really feel for the young lad and his family after loosing my son at two years old after heart surgery . Its time the family accepted the outcome the media circus surrounding this terrible situation the family are in i don't think i could cope with.

• Like 5

Ive never been through this but i dont envy the family for a miniute, god bless them and may he be safe in the arms of the lord in heaven, maybe its better that the docs take the decision out of the families hands, that way none of themwill feel guilty for his passing, and may peace come to the family

• Like 1

As delicate as this subject is ,I'm surprised no one has bought up the weird  circumstances as to how this lad ended up this way ? Mobile phones ,social media ,a lot to answer for ,at no age in my life did I want to choke myself out for others amusement, shit ole world we are in ! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1