Cornwall trip

6 hours ago, dytkos said:

Have hire one though mate, unless you want to spend £££s shipping it over first on the Gri Maritha 

Cheers, D.

Really? You can't just take your own tent on the ferry? Or do you mean kayak?

I've been looking at transport and the ferry is £65 each way from Penzance, but no vehicles allowed, which is a bit shit tbh. Still looking into it though.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a little getaway with family...    

Had a nice few days at St Ives last week, sun shone most of the time, but sadly we caught no Bass. 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Really? You can't just take your own tent on the ferry? Or do you mean kayak?

I've been looking at transport and the ferry is £65 each way from Penzance, but no vehicles allowed, which is a bit shit tbh. Still looking into it though.

Kayak, take your tent, rucksack etc but not shipping for kayaks unless you use the steamship services (Gri)

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Wouldn't have even bought it mate; that pastry looks f***ing dry

I see what you mean mate. It was wasn't too dry to be honest but it was the pastry that let it down. I prefer pastry when it looks a bit pale and is still a tad doughy deep into the crust. Non of that flaky bollocks for me. 

I would have still eaten that pasty if it had been burnt to f**k and dropped in dog shit mind... i was starving. 

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

I see what you mean mate. It was wasn't too dry to be honest but it was the pastry that let it down. I prefer pastry when it looks a bit pale and is still a tad doughy deep into the crust. Non of that flaky bollocks for me. 

I would have still eaten that pasty if it had been burnt to f**k and dropped in dog shit mind... i was starving. 

Where abouts in cornwall are ya mate? 

Look for small corner type shops; they normally sell the best pasties imo

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Perranporth matey..?

Alcatraz bar and grill was best fry up I've had and I've had a couple everything was perfection and I get the cook a tip which I don't do much unless exceptional service or something else. was 7 years ago mind. Missus had a cream tea. 

• Like 1

Cheers fellas..?

That butchers was closed today Borr.. I'll keep an eye open for it during the week mate.

I think we're having a ride out tomorrow and our Doris wants to call at Mevagissey so we'll be checking their offerings out. Had some good ones there over the years.

Probably one of the best I've had was from a butchers in Salcombe!! showing the Cornish how to do it!

Talking pasties eh on a Sunday night... what we like!! lol..

• Haha 1