I generally get fleeced, I tried getting a prescription and one lot charged me £50 for a health check, then I found a better place managed to get a couple of tablet off of one prescription. Then told missus to grab couple after prescription had run out and they charged £80 for two dogs. Ask vet for an open prescription in theory you can have twelve doses for the year, if you win the lottery. Then buy online as many as you want...

22 hours ago, Dennis up said:

How much are they at your vets? 

Its not really the price of the tablet that's bugging me it's the vet wanting to see the dog before they will let me buy it. In the lockdowns etc they were turning people away with stuff and not doing non emergency procedures and now they're wanting to see her for feck all just to get some cash.

• 1 year later...
On 28/07/2022 at 23:04, gnipper said:

Its not really the price of the tablet that's bugging me it's the vet wanting to see the dog before they will let me buy it. In the lockdowns etc they were turning people away with stuff and not doing non emergency procedures and now they're wanting to see her for feck all just to get some cash.

Just had same problem. They wanted to charge me £50 for a health check which is not required. 

Wiped the floor with them so am looking for some too ?

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Anyone used/using Nexgard spectra?

Yes DC - been using it for the last 4 months from the vet.  One tablet covers them for a month and supposedly kills round, heart & lung worms as well as Ticks & Fleas, but not Tape worms.  Bitch used to regularly pick up ticks, but since taking these I haven't seen any sign.  Cannot tell you the cost because there has always been other charges involved.

1 hour ago, wyeman said:

Yes DC - been using it for the last 4 months from the vet.  One tablet covers them for a month and supposedly kills round, heart & lung worms as well as Ticks & Fleas, but not Tape worms.  Bitch used to regularly pick up ticks, but since taking these I haven't seen any sign.  Cannot tell you the cost because there has always been other charges involved.

Last 2 terrier pups that Ive taken for jabs were given it, reading up on it ,seems tidy enough,but another you can only get on prescription from the robbing bastwards🙄...

I always run my hands over a dog after we been out and check for tick's..terriers get the odd few, certain places,and the ferrets...my hairy runner has a flea allergy...can only use the old advantage stuff ,use frontline,her fur falls out🙈

you can't get anything from the vets these days until your pet has had a £50 health check and these are required yearly

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

More than half of the veterinary practices in the UK are now owned by six companies, three of which are...