And today’s top tempatureis ?????

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think weather warning has gone from extreme heat to def con one , but im coping ?  

only 32 in Cardiff....don't know what all the fuss is about...there's Fanny everywhere with next to nothing on....even the chunky monkeys are flaunting it and letting it all hang out ???

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

I'm intrigued, railway related ? 

Yes you use them on heat patrol there will be blokes out the length of the country checking rail temperatures around points crossovers junctions ect because as the rail expands you get what is known as a buckle where the rail ends up looking like this below this is just a pic I got off the net as an example.

What Baker Boy was saying if you want a quick get away stick it under a bridge or in the shade you get a lower temperature, the rails can reach over 50c we had one local yesterday 49c.

You can also have the other extreme where the rails too cold and can’t be lifted worked on ect as it can cause a broken rail.

Baker Boys the expert on all this I believe he’s still does track work, I deal with the aftermath when it all goes wrong ?

52672493-D66A-456A-8899-F9DBBA7E131A.jpeg.ffba656d1c75527be54eb23b21488d1f.jpeg

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, waltjnr said:

Proper interesting,cheers ! 

How do hot countries, Australia, India ect ,cope especially India, a carriage for 100 ,with 500 sitting on roof !different steel ? 

No ive got it ,the extra weight irons out the bendy bits ? 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Proper interesting,cheers ! 

How do hot countries, Australia, India ect ,cope especially India, a carriage for 100 ,with 500 sitting on roof !different steel ? 

Different stressing of the rail we stress our rail to the extremes of our climate other countries would stress differently I would imagine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Oh ?‍♂️ Not more anorak nonsense ? go stand at end of a platform or summat the both of you an tug each other off ffs ??

Hunting Life Katch it’s the font of all knowledge ?

• Haha 1
Just now, FLATTOP said:

Different stressing of the rail we stress our rail to the extremes of our climate other countries would stress differently I would imagine.

Ignore Katch ,unless it moles or cows his not interested!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Yous are proper ruining Thomas the tank for me tho, give it a bye man ?

Ive met Thomas and his mate Percy lol at a rail museum called Chapple they have a beer festival there ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1