Bed supports :hmm: Wonder if anyone here can see something I might be missing, thus far?

My bed's a futon. Basically a mattress laid on pallets then. Picture that, please.

Now, I want to raise those pallets up and support them. Top surface is 9", right now. I'd like it another nine higher. It's just Too hard, getting up off it.

My initial instinct was concrete blocks. Half a dozen of them, strategically placed. Bed on top. Job done. Only, I'm out of spare blocks.

Spotting a small, wooden box? I wondered about making six, hollow boxes. Stood upright, they'd support it. Very easy to man handle ~ unlike blocks! Cheap as chips to make. Bit of 9" plank.

Then, I thought how handy milk crates would be. But, realistically? I can't source those.

Any ingenious ideas I'm missing, please? :)

That's actually Exactly the sort of thinking I'm looking for, Katch! Not sure I'd even thought about more pallets.

Only thing is though; They're a hell of a dirt trap :( Get a shit ton of hair and cob webs building up, over time. Difficult to get at, see? Form an awful lot of nooks and crannies.

This is why I'm looking for the more minimalist, 'at the corners' sort of idea. Get a brush straight under there.

Just wondering what else might go under those corners. Paint pots, eg. If I had them.

29 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I'm honestly not taking the piss but, why not just invest in a decent bed?

......... Something at the height you need with good clearance,  that will give you a good night's kip.

Don’t be so ridiculous 

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

you  could make a timber mould to size,and use concrete ???

Fukkin trust You to come up with that! :laugh:

Lads, I sleep fine, thanks. 'Mattress', etc is fine. I'd just like the whole thing nine inches higher.

Maybe I should just buy the blocks and pay Stavross and his mate to shift them for me? Job could so easily put me in fukking hospital ~ where the beds can be easily raised and lowered ?

7 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Lads, I sleep fine, thanks. 'Mattress', etc is fine. I'd just like the whole thing nine inches higher.

Just get yourself 4 of these :yes:

They're the height that you need. They'll stick to the floor so, they won't move and, they appear to have 141 good reviews :yes:

........... Jobs a good 'un mate :thumbs:

Screenshot_20220706-121621_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 4