Natures treasure islands - Britain Overseas Territories

Anyway, I'm up to episode 3 now I think, where the poor man's Ben Fogle presenter fella goes to the British Indian Overseas Territory in the Indian ocean and Pitcairn in the Pacific ocean.

BIOT is a very interesting/controversial place. I knew most of it already but didn't realise how much of an untouched natural beauty the place was. Illegally declared as a marine reserve (the largest in the world) and teaming with healthy coral and uninhabited islands...

...one of which being Diego Garcia.

Pitcairn has an infamous history too. He didn't go into the really shady recent stuff. But the entire population pretty much are the ancestors of the Bounty mutineers!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't even need a rod there, just hand speed and a shallow stream lol

Two types of soldier.... Evolved smart types, like Stiff, who see a borehole and talk about strata. And then there's Neanderthals, like you, who see a bore-hole and probably try to f**k it! Give

Zzzzzzzz……zzzzzzzz……zzzzzzz

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Pitcairn has an infamous history too. 

AKA incest Island ?️? I think they barely scratched the surface on the number of noncing kids cases. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

AKA incest Island ?️? I think they barely scratched the surface on the number of noncing kids cases. 

Yep. When you read about it it sounds like it's so prevalent that it's an accepted part of their culture.

I love the sound of a tiny volcanic island in the middle of the largest ocean on earth, populated by British mutineers in hiding. It's a great story. It's the least populated nation in the world and probably one of the most isolated. But the kiddy fiddling stuff wrecks it.

It's only the fact that they're a territory of ours that gives us any authority to sort that. If they were totally independent they would be free to do whatever they want.

14 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yep. When you read about it it sounds like it's so prevalent that it's an accepted part of their culture.

I love the sound of a tiny volcanic island in the middle of the largest ocean on earth, populated by British mutineers in hiding. It's a great story. It's the least populated nation in the world and probably one of the most isolated. But the kiddy fiddling stuff wrecks it.

It's only the fact that they're a territory of ours that gives us any authority to sort that. If they were totally independent they would be free to do whatever they want.

I would be up for a bit of mutiny, bucaneering and generally honest piracy, but I think the incest and all round general noncery are so deeply rooted and almost subliminally accepted it would be an unpleasant place to spend time, I read quite a bit about the populations bedroom habits years ago, there's a book about it, can't remember the title off the top of my head. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, mackem said:

I would be up for a bit of mutiny, bucaneering and generally honest piracy, but I think the incest and all round general noncery are so deeply rooted and almost subliminally accepted it would be an unpleasant place to spend time, I read quite a bit about the populations bedroom habits years ago, there's a book about it, can't remember the title off the top of my head. 

i would think a few sailors have visited pitcairn over the years and slipped a portion int the local girls , so there would be a fair bit of outcrossing?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, riohog said:

i would think a few sailors have visited pitcairn over the years and slipped a portion int the local girls , so there would be a fair bit of outcrossing?

whiskey tumber of genes...instead of a gene pool?..bet they throw up some right nasty birth defects ?