17 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Got loads of stumps in my mothers garden . Im thinking of hiring a stump grinder to get rid of them . Has anyone used one before and if so how good are they and how easy are they to operate 

Mr Welshred 

I grind stumps for a living.I do not know your situation  but generally speaking it would be wise to hire a tree man with a stump grinder versus you renting one.Just my opinion.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Got loads of stumps in my mothers garden . Im thinking of hiring a stump grinder to get rid of them . Has anyone used one before and if so how good are they and how easy are they to operate 

I've used one there some kit , was easy to operate ect but having said that I'm used to using machinery . They could make a mess of you or any one else if used wrong 

1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

Did a load of willow with one and it was dead easy to use

8 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Copper nails and some red derv...

Just not as quick as a stump grinder ..

You can go to any good garden centre and get tree stump killer to bit again takes a while