Working German shepherds

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only downside what I've seen wi gsd and the crosses is that the owners often appear quite strange 

I'd rather have a lobotomy than keep another of the fuckers.,.

I'd rather have a bottle infront o me than a frontal lobotomy  So

Posted Images

My uncle has kept shepards for years. Some as house pets that were good as gold. But always had couple for guards he owns a car garage in a rural location so always a easy target for thieves. Used to kennel them between the house and garage so if alarm started going off would grab shepherds on the way to check things out. Two I remember were savage man biters to anyone but my uncle and cousin. One night when customers cars were being broken into and having radios nicked the two shepherds snarling and snapping at them they seen there error of there ways and reinstalled the radios and waited peacefully till the police arrived 

• Like 1

Bloke I know who trains shepherds for police and customs don't rate the mallis he had 2 in kennels when I was there they was mental he said they need more work then most police forces do and dont do well sitting in a cop car for 8 hours a day , he has some very nice laid back shepherds that have a very good switch , while I was looking around I sed to him thats a nice looking dog ( big black shepherd) he just turned and said i don't breed for looks only temperament! 

Some of these protection/guard dogs are very impressive when trained right but no denying they’re a fashion trend now, plenty people got them that don’t really need them. Same people trying to make a few quid of them and if we’ve learnt anything from lurchers & terriers they’ll start to go downhill quick & lots will appear with pretty serious behavioural faults. Dangerous in the wrong hands 

• Like 2