• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pics wouldnt have made any difference mate.....photos of cats are always blurry and out of focus....lol

My old girl used to have a pedigree show posh siamese thing when we moved to the farm he always fetched plenty of youngsters back to the door(kept the ferrets happy, not so much me) another trick he u

I have bolted real wild cats with ferrets, they are terrified of them, yet will fight a dog. I used to kill wild cats and sell pelts for sporrans, I would not touch one now and it sickens me how

Posted Images

On 22/04/2022 at 23:21, mackem said:

About an hour ago the old lady across the road nocked on the door, she is Quebecoise, I cut her grass a few times last summer, we get on "Hey English, there's something in my garden you might like to see" her yappy little mongrel had treed a coon. 

IMG_20220422_181411.jpg

IMG_20220422_181429.jpg

Cool ,do you get many in your area ? 

1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

Cool ,do you get many in your area ? 

Yes, there's lots, I am right on the edge of the city, I was watching beavers 5 minutes walk from home when 2 otters swam past, loads of wildlife local.Cats end up as coyote poop ?

IMG_20220424_185413.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Yes, there's lots, I am right on the edge of the city, I was watching beavers 5 minutes walk from home when 2 otters swam past, loads of wildlife local.Cats end up as coyote poop ?

IMG_20220424_185413.jpg

If me runner had her way cats end up as lurcher poop ? 

20220425_182731.jpg

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

If me runner had her way cats end up as lurcher poop ? 

20220425_182731.jpg

I think your runner wouldn't like it here, no cats, I have never seen one single cat wandering anywhere. 

• Like 1
On 23/04/2022 at 02:22, Aussie Whip said:

True, I've always had 2 or 3 cats around my properties to kill vermin including smaller snakes. Some cats seem to specialize in rats, snakes and rabbits while I'd say 3/4 of them hunt smaller prey only but they all caught mice. The size of the cat didn't matter as I had a very small cat that was an excellent ratter. I've noticed mine kill the tastiest birds, doves, quail and never touch magpies, butcher birds.

You ever lost cats to snakes and if so is it venomous ones putting a end to them or big carpet python's,do you get the ackie monitors around your area .

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

You ever lost cats to snakes and if so is it venomous ones putting a end to them or big carpet python's,do you get the ackie monitors around your area .

Where I live I've only seen venomous snakes, no pythons. We get big goannas which take chickens sometimes. I've never lost a cat to snakes but have had a couple bitten. They just curled up for a few days and got over it but I've heard of cats dying from snakes. They survive much better than dogs.

• Like 2

I rate Cats as being, superlative, natural hunters?

I remember taking two beautiful racing Greyhounds to be lined, by a top class Working Sheepdog...

We were down in darkest, rural Wales on a Sheep Farm, and the owner kept some tremendous working herders,...but he also earned a few quid by breeding a litter or two, of truly exceptional Bengal Cats.

These amazingly primitive felines were fearless, and the dogs accepted them,.. and everyone got on great.

So, we got the lurcher deed done, and returned home with a brace of well served gazehounds, but, I've always wished, that I had bid the man, for a nice, well marked Bengal Kit...?

Yeah,.. I like cats....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
On 26/04/2022 at 12:02, Aussie Whip said:

Where I live I've only seen venomous snakes, no pythons. We get big goannas which take chickens sometimes. I've never lost a cat to snakes but have had a couple bitten. They just curled up for a few days and got over it but I've heard of cats dying from snakes. They survive much better than dogs.

Strange how venom will destroy human organs very quickly yet a cat can get over it in few days.,prairey dogs also get over bites from rattle snakes and they say they build up a tolerance with each bite  

A good friend was q well known venomous herp keeper and he'd travelled all over the world looking for venomous snakes and probably had 40 years experience with them ,anyway he started to put on snake displays and he was handling a cobra and it struck him above his arm harmer inside his elbow and only one fang went in but he died within 6 hours at Nottingham hospital with total organ failure  ,

• Sad 2
26 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Strange how venom will destroy human organs very quickly yet a cat can get over it in few days.,prairey dogs also get over bites from rattle snakes and they say they build up a tolerance with each bite  

A good friend was q well known venomous herp keeper and he'd travelled all over the world looking for venomous snakes and probably had 40 years experience with them ,anyway he started to put on snake displays and he was handling a cobra and it struck him above his arm harmer inside his elbow and only one fang went in but he died within 6 hours at Nottingham hospital with total organ failure  ,

I don't know what the attraction to snakes is that some people have. I hate the bloody things, the only connection I have is smacking them with a shovel. Sorry about your mate, it only takes a second of lost concentration.

6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't know what the attraction to snakes is that some people have. I hate the bloody things, the only connection I have is smacking them with a shovel. Sorry about your mate, it only takes a second of lost concentration.

Fair dinkum cobba