Learning a second language

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent 26 years learning Arabic, but still speak it like Borat speaks English ! ? ! Cheers.

Dos cervezas por favor ?

A few lads have mate  , I haven’t got the grasp of basic language rhythm to be if any use bar “ Akuna mattata “  i know an black African lad who spoke 6 or 7 languages fluent and was working for

Posted Images

Just now, Born Hunter said:

Frankly learning Italian will more likely lead me to getting a job with the British/Italian company Leonardo developing attack helicopters than it will to pulling an Italian bird… :doh:

Leonardo,now you're talking. That guy was a true genius. Went to an exhibition just by chance in Venice of his work. Been hooked ever since.

53 minutes ago, MH1 said:

My wife and all her family are fluent in Welsh and my daughter is going into the Welsh stream in school...I'm going to have to learn it incase they start chatting shit about me ?

When i lived in Pembrokeshire it was the welsh festival of which i ain't going to try to spell but it was when all the Taffs who spoke English every day spoke Taff for the weekend to make themselves feel more Welsh or something as daft.Anyway i was in a shop with some pals who have lived there for years,the mum is Scottish and from Glasgow so broad in accent and her fella and myself both English and the mum's 10 year old daughter.These old bags were stood all talking and sniding in Welsh at us when my pals daughter turned round and got right into them about what they were saying about us.She spoke fluent welsh seeing as she had always gone to welsh schools and she made the old bags say sorry to us in English..:laugh:..

I can sign a bit as in sigh language as a old friend has a deaf child who i have known 30 odd years now and the only way i can speak to him is by sign so i learnt a bit so i could...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Leonardo,now you're talking. That guy was a true genius. Went to an exhibition just by chance in Venice of his work. Been hooked ever since.

I actually got half into a tv drama series about him. Can’t remember now if I finished it or not but it was alright.

2 minutes ago, McVey said:

He even had designs that resemble a helicopter hundreds of years before they were invented.

And was dissecting bodies to learn how to paint them. The word 'genius' is overused, he was truly a genius. Not only a brilliant artist but a designer and government adviser on weapons. Just up your street Born.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

My first lesson :laugh:

Raggazo and Raggaza f****d me up for a while until I linked the o with the o in boy. Reggaza then being girl by default.

Some words will be by nature masculine or feminine and some words can be changed to apply the correct gender. 

In Spanish a beer is UNA cerveza because cerveza ends in a (feminine) but a San Miguel is a bloody blokes name… I spent 8 years asking for UN San Miguel ?

These cnuts are tricky buggers ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

Some words will be by nature masculine or feminine and some words can be changed to apply the correct gender. 

In Spanish a beer is UNA cerveza because cerveza ends in a (feminine) but a San Miguel is a bloody blokes name… I spent 8 years asking for UN San Miguel ?

These cnuts are tricky buggers ?

Stupid language! ??✊

• Haha 1