Beaver rewilding in London UK.

7 minutes ago, paulus said:

Makes a change for them not to have escaped from Woburn Lol

These were captive at one point but a tree came down on there enclosure during a storm and there have been a few sightings since around the Cotswolds  ?

Edited by Greyman
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beavers reintroduced to London after 400 years WWW.NHM.AC.UK The reintroduction is another step forward for campaigns to return the aquatic rodent to the...  

Got to be the most silliest thing I’ve heard the land is no longer big enough with all the housing an developments plus the size of population to support beavers an the habitat the require hence why t

O y'all about to have some fuuuuunnn ?? Will say though if you have dogs they LOVE beaver meat

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Is that your own channel mackem?

Just a channel I put little clips on Len,I just synced my GoPro with the his phone and downloaded GoPro Quik so I can make edited footage and add music.I have started baiting a drain for raccoon and got a few Dog-proofs,if I get one once the cold sets in I will make some footage.I found out where the beaver came from,the ponds drying out.

7A04827D-61E7-4A6A-B93A-2645548FD6BD.jpeg

51 minutes ago, mackem said:

Just a channel I put little clips on Len,I just synced my GoPro with the his phone and downloaded GoPro Quik so I can make edited footage and add music.I have started baiting a drain for raccoon and got a few Dog-proofs,if I get one once the cold sets in I will make some footage.I found out where the beaver came from,the ponds drying out.

7A04827D-61E7-4A6A-B93A-2645548FD6BD.jpeg

Do you ever see any fish improvment in the ponds?

2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Do you ever see any fish improvment in the ponds?

I rarely fish ponds Len,I saw a family of otter in one of the lakes near the house,there’s also beaver in that lake but I fished it once for crappie and there’s a good population in there.I have fished 4 different salmon rivers here in the last month or so and beavers aren’t tolerated on them,but there’s quarter of a million lakes in Ontario alone with a beaver population of 6-12 million,they are everywhere,walk a narrow stream your going to come across a beaver dam,I don’t know if they improve fishing or not.

I also found a neighbourhood cat today,or what was left of it,mostly eaten by a coyote,there’s a reward poster on a lamp post for it’s safe return.It’s tough in the hood.

D021A592-BE26-445D-9E16-5AB7F208A31A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 05/10/2023 at 02:10, mackem said:

I rarely fish ponds Len,I saw a family of otter in one of the lakes near the house,there’s also beaver in that lake but I fished it once for crappie and there’s a good population in there.I have fished 4 different salmon rivers here in the last month or so and beavers aren’t tolerated on them,but there’s quarter of a million lakes in Ontario alone with a beaver population of 6-12 million,they are everywhere,walk a narrow stream your going to come across a beaver dam,I don’t know if they improve fishing or not.

I also found a neighbourhood cat today,or what was left of it,mostly eaten by a coyote,there’s a reward poster on a lamp post for it’s safe return.It’s tough in the hood.

D021A592-BE26-445D-9E16-5AB7F208A31A.jpeg

Did you shovel it up and claim the reward ?😂

3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Did you shovel it up and claim the reward ?😂

That’s the reason you never see a cat in the streets or back yards here,heard a coyote yipping one night last week.

1 hour ago, mackem said:

That’s the reason you never see a cat in the streets or back yards here,heard a coyote yipping one night last week.

Serious question mack.  Have you ever eaten beaver ?.

6 minutes ago, mel b said:

Serious question mack.  Have you ever eaten beaver ?.

Serious answer?I have eaten more beaver than you can shake a stick at in every part of the world but if you mean the aquatic American castoridae then no.There’s beaver the next street over,beaver in the lakes at the back,I see them often,but unless I needed to then no WalMart is just down the road so no reason to skin a beaver.

• Like 1