Crayfish trapping

1 hour ago, whitefeet4190 said:

? why is he just laughing at everyone’s comments 

I was wondering that myself.

Maybe he just thinks the laughing face means he's happy with the replies ?

Remember when David Cameron was ending all his texts with "lol", thinking it meant "lots of love " ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 15/03/2022 at 10:02, chartpolski said:

Remember when David Cameron was ending all his texts with "lol", thinking it meant "lots of love " ?

Cheers.

Yes, but Camoron was a man of the people. His wife came off an estate. Not a council estate mind. A 20,000 acre country estate. 

The laughing emoticon about Barnsley Lobsters can be explained. Signal crayfish were found in the local river, the Dearne long before they became widespread. Local anglers called them Barnsley Lobsters. They caught them by rod and line, not cages. A piece of liver was fastened to the line using a bulldog clip. When the float dipped the angler would lift the rod and bring the crayfish to within netting range  taking care not to lift it out of the water or it would drop off. You could catch 20 od 30 in a couple of hours. 

• Like 1
On 25/03/2022 at 17:53, Nicepix said:

I don't get this buying bait specifically for crayfish. They will come for worms or food scraps like banana peel, or a bit of fishing bait like a halibut pellet.

For 50p you can get a tin of sardines, i have tried many other baits, nothing works better imo, great scent trail, ive had over 100 in 1 trap on said bait, boilies pellets and that type of thing work great also but for non anglers sardines are a lot easier to get and store.

Sorry geezers. Have never really looked at emoji’s before other than the sad face. Thought I was doing the right thing in as much as being happy with the response. Shan’t bother in future. Jok.

On 15/03/2022 at 09:02, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

My mother in law put lol on a facebook post for someone who had died for that same reason. Mrs was frantically trying to call her to get her to delete it