bench press

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No thats absolutely right mate of course it takes years and years of lifting to reach such heavy poundages,building not only the muscular strength needed but more importantly the tendon and ligament s

I`ve been watching him for some time now,getting close to Julius Maddox` World record.All he has to do now is do it in a competition.Julius is also peaking for a competiition soon so watch this space.

for those interested in lifting or strength sports... the bench press record was beaten yesterday....its an unofficial record as its set in a gym rather than in a comp...the record was 349 kilo o

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TOMO said:

the tendon that gave way...the bulge is the peck that has bunched up cos it's not attached anymore..

Surely it won't be as strong once reattached..either way its a crazy injury mate..

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

I try to mate but seem to fall off the wagon after a few months never trying to get big or anything like that just definitely feel more positive and fresh after a workout. 

wind the mrs up after a week in gym “think I’m getting bigger love?”

And yes london originally but now live between Borehamwood and a lovely place called edgware  ? 

Some people navigate London using pubs as landmarks i use gyms ?....you're near to Tee Jay's old gym he was a good fighter from my time his old man still runs the place i believe.....used to have the old Frontlines round there back then not an easy place to knock about.

• Haha 1
On 23/02/2022 at 21:46, bird said:

true that, alot of it down to your genetics , i might be your kind of shape  iam  5ft 11  1/2 in  13st ,   now when i was younger and trained  doing karate  and weights , i got real fit/ strong  i bench  265lb  , ok not big weight to what some big lads lift, but iwas well over my natural body weight of 180 lb . i think maybe if tried harder might have gone 300lb  . but in all that time 3years doing it i never got any bigger, just stronger. the guy who ran the gym , who won body building comps in the past, told me my frame wouldn't change much as it my genes , but he said that i was strong for my build. i was happy with what i had done ,  i not bad to bad for my age now, but feck me wish i was 34 again   lol  

You weren't eating enough, bird!!  ??

13 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

I try to mate but seem to fall off the wagon after a few months never trying to get big or anything like that just definitely feel more positive and fresh after a workout. 

wind the mrs up after a week in gym “think I’m getting bigger love?”

And yes london originally but now live between Borehamwood and a lovely place called edgware  ? 

I thought that since the successful erection of the fence, you now live in the independent state of kevganistan ??

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, TAXI DRIVER said:

Just to put it into perspective Julius Maddox has the raw(unequipped) bench press world record of 771 lbs. He`s 6`3" and weighs 209 kg(33 stone).

Yeh everybody expected madox to get it first especially after he took the old record off krill sarchev so easily and then kept increasing the record every few months ...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, McVey said:

It means that you're a 11 stone weakling mate.

I can slap the weight back on I don’t eat enough really but surely would increase my body fat it’s all confusing but rather be trim and fit than flabby and out of breath I’m 5.9 so perfect bmi 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, McVey said:

The eyes are a better test truth be told, unless you're getting measured with calipers it won't be accurate.

Was a machine had to grip the handles and it measured never used one so god knows I feel better at about 12 stone though to be fair soon as I slow down the eating it just drops off don’t want use the gainers I reckons that’s what gave me the heart palps ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Was a machine had to grip the handles and it measured never used one so god knows I feel better at about 12 stone though to be fair soon as I slow down the eating it just drops off don’t want use the gainers I reckons that’s what gave me the heart palps ?

Everything in moderation and get your heart racing once a day and you,ll be fine mate, take no notice of greb he’s just over compensating for a 6 millimetre Peter, ??

• Haha 2