I keep looking.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox down. Had a migraine this afternoon so not feeling my best I wrapped up and got to my seat. Wind was good. The sheep had bedded close to and I could clearly see them. I thought they will

Well guys this has been very interesting  and I have learnt a lot. I have had two units in my hands. One very expensive! Interestingly, the expensive one can still have issues! Something jus

You may well decide it is a lot of hammer to crack a nut and you alone can make that decision. There are a lot of things to consider before switching to n/v. I know for you it is a hobby same as

Posted Images

This is just my opinion and as it means nothing in my house I don’t expect it to mean anything here

everyone does different types of shooting and in different ways, You need to try a few and see what works for you, if any. What works for one may not work for the other, if I was to go out with FH I’d use the lamp because that’s how he does it and it works for him, where as when I go down to Robin Foxers I use NV and thermal because that’s how they do it, there’s no right and wrong, just different ways and what works for you, around here some of the RFD’s do NV evenings where you can go and have a play with different things, the shooting shows are good for this as well, it’s a shame you are not near me, I’d get a few for you to have a go with ?

Ben’s suggestion of the pulsar n450 is worth a look there’s quite a few second hand one’s about but they still do good money 

• Like 4

I don’t normally rate shop reviews as there generally just trying to flog there wares but this is worth a watch and it’s been made to reflect the situations that you will come into on a night out!

apart from using a dummy fox? but it’s a scope I’ve been waiting for for a while. 
from the looks of this vid the ir that comes with it would suit me as 300yards a long enough shot. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Or just avoid all the faff Mr Sausage like me and stick to simplicity ???? I bought a Pard 007 and 008 and 019 spotter and couldn't see through any of them , I put it down to wearing glasses so gave up. The best I ever looked through was a Grade A Archer which was brilliant but very expensive. Still waiting to look through mates Pulsar C50 but I just cant get away from lighting up those eyes..??

I am long sighted and have worn glasses from a young age but have never had a problem seeing through anything, the only time I couldn’t see anything was with a green Led lamp. I could see rabbits perfectly with the n/v but not with the green lamp, it was like the rabbits had a cloaking device.?. What faff have you experienced with n/v? I don’t have any faff at all, I simply switch on the scope and laser kill something then switch off, couldn’t be any simpler. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I meant the yukon sightline n450s

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, I knew someone who had one it was a good bit of kit, very similar to the pulsar but without all the crap you don’t need and a lot cheaper, still needed a good ir

• Like 1

That C50 may do the job paired with one of Clive Wards 940nm lasers. At the end of the day SD isn't going to be taking 200 or 300 yd shots with an HMR. I would think 120yds would be the limit but SD would know better than me on that score.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stavross said:

very similar to the pulsar but without all the crap you don’t need and a lot cheaper, still needed a good ir

That's exactly it mate. The n470s I use doesn't have any bells & whistles. Just turn it on, Crystal clear nv & that's it. I like simplicity!! 

• Like 2

So my dealer friend let me borrow the Pulsar digest to try it out but asked me to not mount it on a rifle.

I'm very impressed and perplexed. Impressed by its performance  and perplexed by the price ?.

The sensor is that good you can spot with it without ir!

Decisions, decisions....

Edited by Sausagedog
39 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

So my dealer friend let me borrow the Pulsar digest to try it out but asked me to not mount it on a rifle.

I'm very impressed and perplexed. Impressed by its performance  and perplexed by the price ?.

The sensor is that good you can spot with it without ir!

Decisions, decisions....

That sounds like the Digex, be careful because the sensors used are primarily for continental and american pig hunters. They are very sensitive and will "white out" easily.  

• Like 1