I keep looking.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox down. Had a migraine this afternoon so not feeling my best I wrapped up and got to my seat. Wind was good. The sheep had bedded close to and I could clearly see them. I thought they will

Well guys this has been very interesting  and I have learnt a lot. I have had two units in my hands. One very expensive! Interestingly, the expensive one can still have issues! Something jus

You may well decide it is a lot of hammer to crack a nut and you alone can make that decision. There are a lot of things to consider before switching to n/v. I know for you it is a hobby same as

Posted Images

Sod all last night, saw 3 watching me from afar.. was a bright night between the waves of mist and fog!

thought I’d take a couple of photos with no flash to see what the fox’s vision would be like..

not surprised I couldn’t get anywhere near them 9.30pm

D23C62BA-4B11-4916-9B38-5F018459C125.jpeg

EB8F85C2-2B6F-4F78-AF0B-4D7044217F4E.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

I just don't believe it!

Yesterday checks camera. Slinky was there 5.37am.

Drops two squirrels there.

I return at 9pm and they are gone!

This is why, look at it lying down with a full belly!IMG-20220116-WA0002.jpg.5267100e63a61cdd3c911f34a372c870.jpgThis is not slinky. Slinky rocks up at 7am for its chicken I left for it late last night.  I left there at 6am after being there from 4.30am ?‍♂️

That’s not just lying down, it’s mugging you off, right in front of the camera, looking at the grin on that ginger tw*ts face, time to wipe that smirk ? ? off with the small but mighty .17 ??

• Haha 4
15 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That’s not just lying down, it’s mugging you off, right in front of the camera, looking at the grin on that ginger tw*ts face, time to wipe that smirk ? ? off with the small but mighty .17 ??

Think you will struggle tonight with this full moon ?

Fox down.

Had a migraine this afternoon so not feeling my best I wrapped up and got to my seat. Wind was good.

The sheep had bedded close to and I could clearly see them. I thought they will give me a warning if one comes in. It's appointment was 20:20pm and had 40mins.

I used my binoculars to scan the moonlit sheep and field. The sytong 66 could also scan without ir but it was grainy. At a push it would shoot.

A ewe moved in front of the trail camera and I could just make out the trails camera's ir led's with the naked eye so moving the camera slightly  was a good move in as much it was an early warning system for dark nights.....maybe.

Sure enough at 20:10pm the sheep scattered. Binoculars picked it out easy. Sytong with no ir picked it up. Ir on, up the magnification, shoot. Job done ✔. It was as quick as that! 80yds or so.

As soon as I fired a distant vixen screamed her bits off! She hates me too!

20220116_202304.jpg.f872116c4e04c34573dcf5add5b57b2e.jpg

20220116_202649.jpg.dbb4d0a794c26e6beb9960352e88f8d2.jpgThe big lad (numbnuts is his mame) was a veteran! Feeling his fur over he was sporting a war wound from a previous! It felt like a #5 piece of shot. Nothing to do with me.

As I took photos what sounded like a small dog gave two barks close by. I recognised the sound, it was slinky! Never saw her but she was there alright. She is going to take some beating!

My little dark hole and seat.

20220116_203228.jpg.877b4f04fad3b051a125b23e9dfaf890.jpg

So there you go. Nv is handy. Just got to get some extended mounts to cast the scope forward some and the jobs a good'n. 

Hmmm, slinky.......

• Like 8
15 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Fox down.

Had a migraine this afternoon so not feeling my best I wrapped up and got to my seat. Wind was good.

The sheep had bedded close to and I could clearly see them. I thought they will give me a warning if one comes in. It's appointment was 20:20pm and had 40mins.

I used my binoculars to scan the moonlit sheep and field. The sytong 66 could also scan without ir but it was grainy. At a push it would shoot.

A ewe moved in front of the trail camera and I could just make out the trails camera's ir led's with the naked eye so moving the camera slightly  was a good move in as much it was an early warning system for dark nights.....maybe.

Sure enough at 20:10pm the sheep scattered. Binoculars picked it out easy. Sytong with no ir picked it up. Ir on, up the magnification, shoot. Job done ✔. It was as quick as that! 80yds or so.

As soon as I fired a distant vixen screamed her bits off! She hates me too!

20220116_202304.jpg.f872116c4e04c34573dcf5add5b57b2e.jpg

20220116_202649.jpg.dbb4d0a794c26e6beb9960352e88f8d2.jpgThe big lad (numbnuts is his mame) was a veteran! Feeling his fur over he was sporting a war wound from a previous! It felt like a #5 piece of shot. Nothing to do with me.

As I took photos what sounded like a small dog gave two barks close by. I recognised the sound, it was slinky! Never saw her but she was there alright. She is going to take some beating!

My little dark hole and seat.

20220116_203228.jpg.877b4f04fad3b051a125b23e9dfaf890.jpg

So there you go. Nv is handy. Just got to get some extended mounts to cast the scope forward some and the jobs a good'n. 

Hmmm, slinky.......

Glad it’s working out for you sd ??

it detracts from the tradition but when you need to get the job done it’s the way forward.:. Even with gizmos you still need to know your craft.  

• Like 2

Cracking job! first n/v kill.

HMR + N/V where is it all going to end! ?

My mate who has just tried the Wulf 4k again last night has confirmed to himself that it is shite! Being a bit quicker on the uptake i didn't need a second look to know it would be no good for what he needed. ?

Anyhow i have found him a scope that will do the job, a Drone pro x10 will be arriving this week. ?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You need to appreciate the finer things in life and the skill involved ?

To be fair I really enjoy the snooker ( the final was a bit pants mind with a lot of silly mistakes and from the start you could see how it would end ) it a very skilful game, what annoys me now is the crowd shouting out like they are at a football match ( come on Ronnie, like he gives a sh*t about some plank constantly shouting his name out ) I also really like the darts but that’s because it reminds me of some crazy days and nights in the workies ??

• Like 1