Rabbits on come back

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

I reckon it's better this year. I'm flushing rabbits with the spaniels half often whereas for the past f**k knows how long absolutely nothing. Even been asked to shoot a few in one place. A few lads local have mentioned seeing rabbits about for the first time in years. Sceptical as to if they'll last mind.

local eh......where abouts lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? I used to ferret for rabbits, five days a week, for many, many years...I also snared, trapped, netted and lamped the cony, on most suitable nights... It was my job....and some weeks, the catch

I never noticed until I posted but I dont sit in a truck, all shooting is walking the land. An old pic from the 90s.....

Catching 4 of the last 7 rabbits on a place ain't gonna help them either is it. Rather than working hard to find them and catching the last few survivors I've left them alone locally, tried boosting t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The Vale.... :laugh:

yeh there still be small pockets out that way....

i lamped friday and saturday night after work ...2am ish for an hour or two....just driving the lanes having a shine over gates etc ...between where i live....and where your from....by christ it was sad....a good few hares...but fecking dire for rabbits...

on friday i didnt see a single rabbit.....saturday i saw half a dozen in one field....that was it

8 minutes ago, micky said:

Its not in Leics, Notts , or Northamptonshire  if that helps Tomo .... how long before it gets up the Dales ??

i know mate....real fecking shame aint it....i used to think how lucky i was to live here...although i have always traveled to hunt like the dales ...or norfolk ...there was always plenty local ...and bot just lincs ...litraly out my back door....it was great to see 40....50 rabbits just on the field next to my little cottage ...i used it like a larder just creamed a few off it from time to time...and the fields round the village...

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yeh there still be small pockets out that way....

i lamped friday and saturday night after work ...2am ish for an hour or two....just driving the lanes having a shine over gates etc ...between where i live....and where your from....by christ it was sad....a good few hares...but fecking dire for rabbits...

on friday i didnt see a single rabbit.....saturday i saw half a dozen in one field....that was it

I can imagine, well I've seen it for too many years in that area. 10-12 years ago I had about 700 acres of permission at Bottesford and it was lousy with rabbits, even for back then! No idea what it's like there now, I saw a group of lads out on there ferreting a few years ago as I was driving through so must be some about still. Had some great nights lamping rabbits at Harby back then too.

I'm in dairy country now, and there just seems to be a lot more about this year than last. And a few lads have said the same. Some years I'd see pockets of rabbits cropping up in late summer getting my hopes up but by xmas they'd all be wiped out. This year though they have hung on!

Edited by Born Hunter
8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I can imagine, well I've seen it for too many years in that area. 10-12 years ago I had about 700 acres of permission at Bottesford and it was lousy with rabbits, even for back then! No idea what it's like there now, I saw a group of lads out on there ferreting a few years ago as I was driving through so must be some about still. Had some great nights lamping rabbits at Harby back then too.

I'm in dairy country now, and there just seems to be a lot more about this year than last. And a few lads have said the same. Some years I'd see pockets of rabbits cropping up in late summer getting my hopes up but by xmas they'd all be wiped out. This year though they have hung on!

There's a lot of young one about already 

IMG-20220108-WA0003.jpg