No  ,have been feeding both dogs & ferrets on rabbits a couple times a week from areas that have some signs of RHVD2 being active,for number of years in New Zealand with no side effects what so ever,as well I taken rabbits out of areas effected with RHVD2 for the table .

• Like 1
3 hours ago, riverliver123 said:

To those whose dogs eat the rabbits they catch - any problems with dogs eating rabbits infected with RHDV2 virus? Any sign of illness or worse?

No it's a virus that effects  rabbits and hares not dogs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

No it's a virus that effects  rabbits and hares not dogs.

You never do know though. Wasn't covid 19 a virus that only affected pangolins and bats or something like that. Don't think they ever sorted out for sure where it came from. Seems a big coincidence that it popped up in the town where the CCP viral research lab is located.?

22 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

You never do know though. Wasn't covid 19 a virus that only affected pangolins and bats or something like that. Don't think they ever sorted out for sure where it came from. Seems a big coincidence that it popped up in the town where the CCP viral research lab is located.?

Anything is possible but in this case unlikely,  some virus are cross species such as flu, ferrets get it, others aren't and rhd along with  myxi  seem to just effect  lagomorphs.

Edited by sandymere
4 hours ago, sandymere said:

Anything is possible but in this case unlikely,  some virus are cross species such as flu, ferrets get it, others aren't and rhd along with  myxi  seem to just effect  lagomorphs.

You reckon it would affect zenomorphs 

On 01/12/2021 at 09:53, Maximus Ferret said:

We all know where it came from them mucky c**ts that will eat owt. 

• Like 1
On 01/12/2021 at 11:42, moonlighter said:

I feed rabbits to my dogs every week. How would you know if the rabbits infected though? Can you tell visually? 

I think it works that fast that the obvious symptoms would have been that it was dead already when you found it?

• Like 1
On 02/12/2021 at 00:42, moonlighter said:

I feed rabbits to my dogs every week. How would you know if the rabbits infected though? Can you tell visually? 

Yes you can tell by looking at the kidneys. I was showing a farmer yesterday a rabbit that one of the dogs had brought back that had been dead a couple of days .It had died along with several others over about a month . I thought of RHVD2 and this was confirmed by viewing the internal organ's that appear full of blood ,the kidneys look a darker color than usual .

• Like 1