Calling it a day .

29 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Learning something new is something I like . I’ve never taken a boat out on my own . I’ve been on fishing charters before , but boat ownership and the sea / tides are new to me . Keep your eyes on the news “ idiot on boat , lost at sea” , I might if I’m lucky end up on one of the TV shows being rescued by the RNLI , if they’re not too busy ferrying refugees(? economic migrants) from France. 

If you end up a lousy fisherman you can always become a ferryman ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The time has come for me to hang up my beaters horn , and retire from keepering.          I spoke to the boss a few weeks ago and told him I’m making this my last season . We are parting on good ter

I’ve no plans to . If anything I’d like to do more , more clay shooting and also I’d like to join a small syndicate and have a few days game shooting myself . I plan on keeping the chicken farm fox sh

Posted Images

We had a contract with holiday company refurbishing hotels and caravan sites through the country.

we spent just over year half down in Cornwall . It seem like we had only 3 weeks what I I call decent weather .

wind , rain , snow , everything apart from nice sunny days . The locals in parts of Cornwall hated us , like in Hayle . We got told one night to leave town for our own safety and must of been 12 of us . This was in early 90’s. And apparently we had two caravans set a light as well . At that time I had a call out with a problem up in Windermere  ,which I had to go and sort out 

since working in Cornwall , I have hated the the place ?

Never been. Over 3 million visitors this summer I believe! No ta. Not for me that.

My thoughts would be Auchan Murchan peninsula or Applecross and 3 million midges trying to eat me. Better than 3 million humans!

John'll make it work down there. He'll have somewhere in mind....

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Why not ? Might be his last chance. What is your problem as you keep making negative comments? ?‍♂️

What negative comments have i made? I was just having a laugh with you, sorry i didn't realise you where so delicate, i shall refrain henceforth.

• Haha 2

Now , now ladies. May I suggest that any negativity or sensitivity be taken over to the earth dogs and terrier section or the general section. You will find plenty of members only to willing to engage in a keyboard quarrel. 
            We keep things real and friendly on this forum . I’m sure that Ian didn’t mean any offence and was only having some banter . ??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, villaman said:

We had a contract with holiday company refurbishing hotels and caravan sites through the country.

we spent just over year half down in Cornwall . It seem like we had only 3 weeks what I I call decent weather .

wind , rain , snow , everything apart from nice sunny days . The locals in parts of Cornwall hated us , like in Hayle . We got told one night to leave town for our own safety and must of been 12 of us . This was in early 90’s. And apparently we had two caravans set a light as well . At that time I had a call out with a problem up in Windermere  ,which I had to go and sort out 

since working in Cornwall , I have hated the the place ?

Got a nice dose of food poisoning from here....St Ives?

BEB6F6D3-9AFE-4444-BF09-D77EDA09E9DD.jpeg

• Sad 1