Using mole traps

On 02/10/2021 at 09:08, tilimangro said:

The company that distributes french Putanges hasn’t closed as far as I’m aware

theres A new website coming

as for pest stops they are a damn good trap

for the money they cannot be beaten

and if you’re constantly having traps stolen or lost  two quid versus 6  it’s a no brainer

i have heard nothing but complaints about flat pack for the last few years

the metal has become a cheaper and cheaper grade

blokes I know who used to buy three hundred a year refuse to touch them now

"as for pest stops they are a damn good trap" ,....& as far as am aware,..'Pest Stop' is  STILL a slightly modified version of the Duffus/ half barrel, trap,......& would you know who's responsible for these improvements  ? ?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100%. Theyll still be there when the rain stops! 

? As far as Trapping various critters goes,.. catching moles, sure ain't Rocket Science.... Some guys insist upon making the job, far harder than it is,.. I guess that is a kind of traditional mo

Took these this morning on a nearby estate.   

Posted Images

11 hours ago, earth-thrower said:

"as for pest stops they are a damn good trap" ,....& as far as am aware,..'Pest Stop' is  STILL a slightly modified version of the Duffus/ half barrel, trap,......& would you know who's responsible for these improvements  ? ?

Yes I do

and your point is ?

my point was for the money it’s a good trap

it catches well and has far better killing power than similar traps sold at higher prices

as for Jeff he has done more f***ing harm than good for molecatchers

you once told me we aren’t fit to lace his boots

thats your opinion not mine

quite frankly he’s an arrogant c**t who refuses to support his position whilst working against us in the background

I asked him repeatedly to see the dvd he produced and he made excuse after excuse and in the end stopped replying to me

he doesn’t speak for the vast majority of molecatchers yet has elected himself as our spokesman

When I spoke to Martin who runs the guild he said pretty much the same thing

the guild sell their own trap the talpa which is a pest stop with talpa stamped on it

but even pest stop disassociated themselves from Jeff when it became apparent just what a loose cannon he is

no doubt you still worship the guy but you are very much in the minority in the mole catching world

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Yes I do

and your point is ?

my point was for the money it’s a good trap

it catches well and has far better killing power than similar traps sold at higher prices

as for Jeff he has done more f***ing harm than good for molecatchers

you once told me we aren’t fit to lace his boots

thats your opinion not mine

quite frankly he’s an arrogant c**t who refuses to support his position whilst working against us in the background

I asked him repeatedly to see the dvd he produced and he made excuse after excuse and in the end stopped replying to me

he doesn’t speak for the vast majority of molecatchers yet has elected himself as our spokesman

When I spoke to Martin who runs the guild he said pretty much the same thing

the guild sell their own trap the talpa which is a pest stop with talpa stamped on it

but even pest stop disassociated themselves from Jeff when it became apparent just what a loose cannon he is

no doubt you still worship the guy but you are very much in the minority in the mole catching world

Well, you really took the  "BAIT" again, pal !! ??,.....& let me ask you straight,....are YOU Paul Stanford ???,....& the next question is,......am I gonna let you 'trigger' me again, here,????,....nah, I'm not gonna repeat myself all over again, (just like you have, here ?),......apart from reiterating, the fact that , I'm independent,....always have been,...& never been interested in membership, of any of the so called 'mole catching organisations' ! ,....& am 'too long in the tooth now' ,...to give a f..k, about being part of any ' molecatchers in group, etc' ?....you can also say what you want, about Jeff,...but he was the first,.... & they all copied,  & half of them charlatans anyway, in my book,.....Too f....n MANY, organisations & GROUPS, doing  "MORE HARM THAN GOOD", now,...& Jeff's videos are available ??,....so put your hand in your pocket, maybe ? ?

9 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Well, you really took the  "BAIT" again, pal !! ??,.....& let me ask you straight,....are YOU Paul Stanford ???,....& the next question is,......am I gonna let you 'trigger' me again, here,????,....nah, I'm not gonna repeat myself all over again, (just like you have, here ?),......apart from reiterating, the fact that , I'm independent,....always have been,...& never been interested in membership, of any of the so called 'mole catching organisations' ! ,....& am 'too long in the tooth now' ,...to give a f..k, about being part of any ' molecatchers in group, etc' ?....you can also say what you want, about Jeff,...but he was the first,.... & they all copied,  & half of them charlatans anyway, in my book,.....Too f....n MANY, organisations & GROUPS, doing  "MORE HARM THAN GOOD", now,...& Jeff's videos are available ??,....so put your hand in your pocket, maybe ? ?

?????it would be lovely if you actually engaged in the same conversations people have instead of skirting around them 

I’ve watched Jefferson videos and show at a country fair I’ve read two of his books and if you consider him in any way knowledgeable you’re a bigger fool than I thought 

im not Paul Stanford although I consider him a friend these days ,not sure of the relevance here

And  any time you’d like to actually support anything you’re saying we are all ears

i wonder if you’re Jeff Nichols or kev

hard to care regardless

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

?????it would be lovely if you actually engaged in the same conversations people have instead of skirting around them 

I’ve watched Jefferson videos and show at a country fair I’ve read two of his books and if you consider him in any way knowledgeable you’re a bigger fool than I thought 

im not Paul Stanford although I consider him a friend these days ,not sure of the relevance here

And  any time you’d like to actually support anything you’re saying we are all ears

i wonder if you’re Jeff Nichols or kev

hard to care regardless

That first paragraph,...really ??,...& Jeff, has no "knowledge" ?,....so, that's what your gonna put to me, (self taught mole catcher of nearly 30 yr)  here, seriously,...but your more than willing to fully endorse HIS trap type ? ??..& 'Pest Stop', "disassociated " themselves from him ?,...aye, well what does that REALLY say about them then ? (would have liked them to try that shite with me,...if i was 'in his shoes' ! ???)

Just now, earth-thrower said:

That first paragraph,...really ??,...& Jeff, has no "knowledge" ?,....so, that's what your gonna put to me, (self taught mole catcher of nearly 30 yr)  here, seriously,...but your more than willing to fully endorse HIS trap type ? ??..& 'Pest Stop', "disassociated " themselves from him ?,...aye, well what does that REALLY say about them then ? (would have liked them to try that shite with me,...if i was 'in his shoes' ! ???)

& what "association" are YOU a member of , may I ask,...& what 'Facebook' group or whatever,  do you contribute too, etc ? ,.....just out of interest ? ??

I have zero interest in engaging further with you

its crystal clear you’re a fuckwit who doesn’t understand what is being said

jeff makes his money from courses and selling people useless bits of tat on these courses and refuses to sign people off until they leave him a positive review 

he doesn’t let people actually trap in his courses and teaches people to put a trap in them place the turf back on top of the trap

Yourself aside everyone hates the guy because he is a loose cannoN who doesn’t understand the implication of his actions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

I have zero interest in engaging further with you

its crystal clear you’re a fuckwit who doesn’t understand what is being said

jeff makes his money from courses and selling people useless bits of tat on these courses and refuses to sign people off until they leave him a positive review 

he doesn’t let people actually trap in his courses and teaches people to put a trap in them place the turf back on top of the trap

Yourself aside everyone hates the guy because he is a loose cannoN who doesn’t understand the implication of his actions

So NOBODY else is making "money",  from moling "courses" & "selling useless bits of tat",...or actually equipment ? (like your friend Paul ? ?,..incidentally a purchased some different traps from him, before, to see what all the fuss, was about, etc ),....

Just now, earth-thrower said:

So NOBODY else is making "money",  from moling "courses" & "selling useless bits of tat",...or actually equipment ? (like your friend Paul ? ?,..incidentally a purchased some different traps from him, before, to see what all the fuss, was about, etc ),....

You sure your not Paul ???,...lol,....(& if I believe you, does he engage on here at all ?)

10 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

No i don’t think they are

The only person I see insisting people buy two dibbers and a paint roller on his courses is jeff

the only person I see teaching people to place heavy turf in top of barrels springs is jeff

The only person refusing to give lantra accreditation unless they leave a positive review is jeff

the only person seeking to ban all traps but his own is Jeff 

i refer you to my earlier comment about not understanding what is being said

• Haha 1