• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just bought the box set  today at the village festival for £5! Been talking my dad to watch it for years so there for him

Greatest t v show ever by a country mile.  nothing comes close .  changed the landscape of film and television forever .    for me it’s the tiny nuances , the unsaid and unseen things th

Bag of piss ……

6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Greatest t v show ever by a country mile. 
nothing comes close . 

changed the landscape of film and television forever . 

for me it’s the tiny nuances , the unsaid and unseen things that make it great. You both despise and love the characters . Aj aside. 

I could go on and on about the shah of Iran Jackie nearly drowning in the penguin exhibit , junior , christupha strangling adriana , silv, Paulie taking the money from the waiter. 
 But instead just watch it . It’s absolutely seminal in my eyes. I watched it from the very start, and have seen it dozens of times completely. 

my misses can’t stand it and says “but nothing happens “

she’s right , it doesn’t really have huge grandstand moments , no defining scenes , that’s the beauty of it . It just shows life and all its labours in a sheen of leopard print gummahs and fat guys in see through socks. 

defining television , look at the f***ing acting here. 

2 scenes for me that are amazing are the scene where tony finds outs that someone has been a bit fruity to his daughter 

His emotions flit through 3 or 4 different stages during his comversation with meadow (from 1:00 onwards)

Another one is the argument between tony and carmela at the end of the whitecaps episode . Starts with tony driving home leisurely singing along to clapton then into the drive over his golf clubs shes throwing out of the House. Amazing acting 

Also tony sirico who plays paulie was a bit of a mob guy in real life. Seen interviews with people about him before and he was a bit of a handful.  Used to pick on jimi hendrix in clubs apparently

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Greatest t v show ever by a country mile. 
nothing comes close . 

changed the landscape of film and television forever . 

for me it’s the tiny nuances , the unsaid and unseen things that make it great. You both despise and love the characters . Aj aside. 

I could go on and on about the shah of Iran Jackie nearly drowning in the penguin exhibit , junior , christupha strangling adriana , silv, Paulie taking the money from the waiter. 
 But instead just watch it . It’s absolutely seminal in my eyes. I watched it from the very start, and have seen it dozens of times completely. 

my misses can’t stand it and says “but nothing happens “

she’s right , it doesn’t really have huge grandstand moments , no defining scenes , that’s the beauty of it . It just shows life and all its labours in a sheen of leopard print gummahs and fat guys in see through socks. 

defining television , look at the f***ing acting here. 

Seen better acting from Arnie.

This ending done me I couldn’t believe it our own John Cooper Clarke but it worked great, like stiff says it’s those little moments that to some go unnoticed the acting was one of a kind and I haven’t seen the like since, fantastic series a great loss when James Gandolfini died.

I have been trying to get to grips with Lillehammer but it’s hard but I will hang in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1