Padengo x Collie

i love watching the vids of them working in spain....and would love to go out with some lads in person in spain to watch them...from what i see on vids they look quite bidable as well.....always seem controllable around a hole ....and retrieve lovely even with other dogs around.....

i think the thing most lurcher lads assume is because they have been lumped in to the sighthound group ...because for the most part they resemble a sight hound with the skinny frames and deep chest.....to me they are more of a scent hound....admittedly they are pretty quick but i dowt they could out run most fast lurchers....

they have been bred to perform a task and some shockingly hard rocky terrain ....and from what i have seen they do it well....but our land is quite different ...

horses for courses as they say chaps  

• Like 6

I don't know,  I like a little  conjecture and to quote TOMO,

"They have been bred to perform a task and some shockingly hard rocky terrain ....and from what i have seen they do it well....but our land is quite different ."

Sounds a bit like salukis.

Not something likely needed in a lurcher line but as an option for a 1st cross to a greyhound I couldsee potential.? If I was offered a 1st cross collie greyhound or a 1st cross podenco greyhound  I'd take the chance on the  latter ?.

6 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I don't know,  I like a little  conjecture and to quote TOMO,

"They have been bred to perform a task and some shockingly hard rocky terrain ....and from what i have seen they do it well....but our land is quite different ."

Sounds a bit like salukis.

Not something likely needed in a lurcher line but as an option for a 1st cross to a greyhound I couldsee potential.? If I was offered a 1st cross collie greyhound or a 1st cross podenco greyhound  I'd take the chance on the  latter ?.

well of course you would......who in the right mind would want an f1 collie grey.....makes me shudder just thinking about it...lol

• Haha 3