5 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Ps the pup is 10 weeks, if she rolls a fox of any size I’d be quite surprised ? 

Was going to say if you were serious that pups about 11weeks old it’d take a pasting an probably wouldn’t want not to do with em again ?? It was how the post was worded 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m from a keepering background myself and would shoot cubs every year. Wasn’t something I had a problem doing, but at the same time was never something I got any enjoyment out of. was just a necessit

The pheasant..... The most overrated bird that lives...... Reared to be shot by folks who pay well to take a brace home..... I know a lad who is paid to take his JCB and bury hundreds of them each sea

These are the fools we don't need and it really sickens me to see this and they really got no morals to kill a cub and they need a good beating    

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, poxon said:

? bro thought I’d got it wrong??‍♂️ but I was like surly he don’t mean pup looking to get on Cubs. Understandable if say 8-9month old an looking for a bit o experience for a youngster that would of be used on them in season time prior 2004

I seem to have got lucky with pups ages. Generally pups come in the summer so are a decent age at the start of their first season. The one I’m starting this season will be about 14/15 months come September and the young one above will be about 16 months next September, perfect ages to start on bigger stuff. Sure a lot of folk will have them working younger and mine usually mug a few bits before but it’s nice to start lamping with them and be able to slip on anything you see. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I seem to have got lucky with pups ages. Generally pups come in the summer so are a decent age at the start of their first season. The one I’m starting this season will be about 14/15 months come September and the young one above will be about 16 months next September, perfect ages to start on bigger stuff. Sure a lot of folk will have them working younger and mine usually mug a few bits before but it’s nice to start lamping with them and be able to slip on anything you see. 

Like you say better to start a youngster at 14/15 months than ruin a good dog running it to young , always take mine ferreting ,lamping rabbits then once old anufe give them a run on bigger stuff .

Bitch I got now looked capable at yr old but to me she was still a pup but by 18 mts she was more than capable to be slipped on anything that got up.

On 03/07/2021 at 22:21, FOXHUNTER said:

Who needs antis when we have comments like this .. I despair.  I agree people shouldn't be shooting where they have no permission that's why I dont think it was shot....

It’s coming for all you slinks with guns and I can guarantee non of you will keep going if it means breaking the law that’s why your into shooting because you have no back bone to walk where you want with a running dog. Don’t know how any shooter can call hisself a sports man your either shooting things from miles away with thermals or driving birds that are like chickens to a line of pricks to blast f**k out of.

• Like 2