Any genuine collie x whippets still about!!??

8 hours ago, LamperNM said:

Anyone still running genuine collie x whippets.. nothing else in the mix 

Very few lads run them.i have seen these we dogs and own one theres alot of what I would say trouble with them now when u get a good one it's a good one put very few and far between trust me but each to there own 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, LamperNM said:

Do not see any about now.. when I was a lad all the older men had them and they all took decent numbers lamping/ferreting 

My 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Collie, she getting on a bit now she been a great rabbiting bitch in her day. 

20200322_115917.jpg

20201214_125057.jpg

20201214_133758.jpg

• Like 15
16 minutes ago, Rabbiting man said:

My 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Collie, she getting on a bit now she been a great rabbiting bitch in her day. 

20200322_115917.jpg

20201214_125057.jpg

20201214_133758.jpg

I like that mate.. it’s like a stronger built whippet looks perfect for the job 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Sirblessed said:

Good on sheep too ?

That's why I have steered clear of working dog blood in my dogs, a mix of hunting breed dogs and those with a big interest in sheep. A lot of people have them though with no problems once stock proofed. A lot of pig hunters now have working kelpie and collie blooded dogs so I don't know.

Edited by Aussie Whip
4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

That's why I have steered clear of working dog blood in my dogs, a mix of hunting breed dogs and those with a big interest in sheep. A lot of people have them though with no problems once stock proofed. A lot of pig hunters now have working kelpie and collie blooded dogs so I don't know.

More kelpie than collie in the pig dogs, they are a much better dog imo handle the heat well too, nothing wrong with a good collie x though they dont like the heat. We ran a few healer x's on pigs back in the day, great dogs when you got a good one. Best nose dog I ever seen was a Kelpie bull x bit like this one

418103_cd687_orig.jpg

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

More kelpie than collie in the pig dogs, they are a much better dog imo handle the heat well too, nothing wrong with a good collie x though they dont like the heat. We ran a few healer x's on pigs back in the day, great dogs when you got a good one. Best nose dog I ever seen was a Kelpie bull x bit like this one

418103_cd687_orig.jpg

Like look of him 

On 27/06/2021 at 01:06, LamperNM said:

Anyone still running genuine collie x whippets.. nothing else in the mix 

A girl i know keeps 3 OR 4 COLLIE WHIPPET, don't worj them just uses them for speed ball comps but look good types 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

418103_cd687_orig.jpg

Lot of collies and their crosses up here in the mountains around Oberon hunting pigs, but it's a cold place. These smaller dogs are ok until they run into a big mountain boar, that's why we always used big dane, mastiff, bull mixes. No tracking collars needed they stayed with you until they picked up fresh scent.