2 hours ago, TOMO said:

agreed its a great even to watch.....but a very unfair event

Whys that....in what way do you mean unfair ?

Id say its the opposite,pretty boring to watch but fantastic to take part in for anyone half way competitive.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it was a thread about Weston super mare ??

Just hope that Tom's head stays right as I'd like to see him win. I follow them on YouTube and find both the brothers really humble and great to watch

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Whys that....in what way do you mean unfair ?

Id say its the opposite,pretty boring to watch but fantastic to take part in for anyone half way competitive.

bacause they do it between the person that comes second and the person that comes third in the group.....so like in that vid novakov came second....5 points or more ahead of third place....but the pesron in 3rd place won the stone off ...so he goes through instead of the person in second...

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'd say it favours the taller athletes, but at the end of the day other events favour the shorter athletes, swings and roundabouts. 

Id say it favours the shorter explosive guys.....taller usually equals weaker in any lift off the floor.....once that initial explosion of power to the waist is done 80% of the lift is done.

46 minutes ago, TOMO said:

bacause they do it between the person that comes second and the person that comes third in the group.....so like in that vid novakov came second....5 points or more ahead of third place....but the pesron in 3rd place won the stone off ...so he goes through instead of the person in second...

Oh ok i see what you mean kind of like the play offs in footie the team finishing in 6th 10 points behind the team in 3rd can still go up instead i gotcha....and agree....but in terms of direct man versus a man it looks a good hard honest event.

Edited by gnasher16
10 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Id say it favours the shorter explosive guys.....taller usually equals weaker in any lift off the floor.....once that initial explosion of power to the waist is done 80% of the lift is done.

not sure it's quite the same with stones gnash....most of the best seem to be tall....long arms help..

and all the records held by Tom stoltman...quickest time on a run...and heaviest stone lifted..and he's 6.8 or 6.9 

12 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Don't see it when the shorter guy has to lift the stone so much higher to get it over the bar, the higher you have to lift something the harder it is IMO.

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

not sure it's quite the same with stones gnash....most of the best seem to be tall....long arms help..

and all the records held by Tom stoltman...quickest time on a run...and heaviest stone lifted..and he's 6.8 or 6.9 

Yep fair point regards arm length i wasnt thinking about the sheer size of the stones......suppose im thinking more gym lifts,on a bar etc.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Tom out in front going into day 2.

Luke 4th.

Think luke could still podium if he wins log and does well in stones. Just need to hope he doesnt  drop too much on deads

the brothers are doing well and i think tbh day 2 is some of their stronger events so fingers crossed for them

brilliant so pleased for the pair of them....

tom has the stones....however dont right brian off in the stones either....will be interesting to see where bri places in the stones....

does any of you guys know what the deadlift set up is.....normally its some big thing or silver dollar deadlift at 18 inch ....or and axel or somthing....be interesting to know what exactly it is....

jf and janasha are both good deadlifters