27 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

As i remember didnt Magnus Ver Magnuson used to test a lot of the events/equipment....seems a bad do that,poor organisation.

Whos likely to win it then mate whos your money on ?......i only recognise a few names them Scots boys did well the other year as i remember....surely there must be some little Polish nutcase running round making everyone look silly ? there usually is ?

yeh hes called Oleksii Novakov ...from the Ukraine.....you would proberbly like him gnash...only about 6 foot 6 foot 1 ish 22 stone athletic ..but bloody strong....he is the raining champion ...

think it will be between him....brian shaw and tom stoltman....in the final 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it was a thread about Weston super mare ??

Just hope that Tom's head stays right as I'd like to see him win. I follow them on YouTube and find both the brothers really humble and great to watch

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yeh hes called Oleksii Novakov ...from the Ukraine.....you would proberbly like him gnash...only about 6 foot 6 foot 1 ish 22 stone athletic ..but bloody strong....he is the raining champion ...

think it will be between him....brian shaw and tom stoltman....in the final 

Just had a quick look at him he seems a character.....proper real world strength as well id imagine , just depends on the events i suppose.... i lost a bit of interest when it seemed to put too much emphasis on static strength....i always admired chaps like Jouko Ahola or Jon Pal they had such a great balance between strength and athleticsm......for me chaps like Shaw and the Game of Thrones fella are like the Tyson Fury of the strongman world there has to be more to it than how big you are and how much you can eat ?

Just saw Terry Hollands has popped a bicep which is a shame as it,ll probably be a career finisher with the amount of miles he has on the clock.

When is the final by the way ?

Edited by gnasher16
15 minutes ago, TOMO said:

so Novakov is out.....that was a bit of a shocker...both luke and tom are through....brian shaw is through of course....as is adam bishop from england...

Throws alot of people's predicted results out dont it. Think most had shaw, tom and no akov for podium. 

Still think it'll be shaw and tom but it's gonna be a close one I think between Bishop, trey Mitchell, luke and jf

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

so Novakov is out.....that was a bit of a shocker...both luke and tom are through....brian shaw is through of course....as is adam bishop from england...

What's happened, has he injured himself? 

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

Nothing to do with the thread but some transformation

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=ffb6f39516d5542d58f197fa714650e2&action=dlattach;topic=628579.0;attach=1308822;image

Dont know why pics not showing, click on link

you should see hathor Bjornson's transformation then....even better than eddies 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Just read, so there's only 3 events in the qualifiers? 

no mate....2 events day one .....1 event day 2 ... then day 3 is two events.....however whoever places second and 3rd in there group have to do another event called a stone off.....basically lifting a stone over the bar to your competitor...who lifts it back....first to quit is out 

this is a stone off.....been a new thing for a few year....i recon it wrong to be honest.....you could be in third place and 5 or more points behind second place....then win this......also a stone off is masively taxing on your body....so your automaticaly at a disadvantage in the final...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

no mate....2 events day one .....1 event day 2 ... then day 3 is two events.....however whoever places second and 3rd in there group have to do another event called a stone off.....basically lifting a stone over the bar to your competitor...who lifts it back....first to quit is out 

They've had some stupid events over the years but that actually sounds a good mental as well as physical test....no bigger motivation to win than seeing your opponent in front of you.

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

They've had some stupid events over the years but that actually sounds a good mental as well as physical test....no bigger motivation to win than seeing your opponent in front of you.

yeh i think the last event before the stone of was stupid as well....it was a front hold of a pick axe ....just hold it out in front for as long as possible

2 hours ago, TOMO said:

this is a stone off.....been a new thing for a few year....i recon it wrong to be honest.....you could be in third place and 5 or more points behind second place....then win this......also a stone off is masively taxing on your body....so your automaticaly at a disadvantage in the final...

Thats about the best event ive ever seen in them competitions....brilliant !

Its hard to have events which are directly against each other instead of measured or timed in some way i know that tried tug of war and arm wrestling years ago and it was a disaster.....but that stone thing tests every single part of your make up.....really good that.

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats about the best event ive ever seen in them competitions....brilliant !

Its hard to have events which are directly against each other instead of measured or timed in some way i know that tried tug of war and arm wrestling years ago and it was a disaster.....but that stone thing tests every single part of your make up.....really good that.

agreed its a great even to watch.....but a very unfair event