There's still a lot of hunting going on here, and it's discussed on private forums and groups. Open forums aren't the place ,sadly, for those discussions anymore, to easily accessed buy the do gooders, not to mention the snides and anti's who lurk about on open forums !

Cheers.

• Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hunting is illegal over here, at least with dogs for anything interesting it is so there’s not much to talk about really except total bollocks......which we do very well ! Lol  Also, almost every

Since Dog the Bounty Hunter I can’t take anything to do with Hawaii seriously ! 

Ace Boone Coone got f****d off quite spectacularly ? Cheers, D.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

Truth is the murican terriermen ( most not all ) dont like being told the facts about their terriers lineage so fck off pretty sharpish when confronted with the truth, they would rather wallow in ignorance and lies than face the truth from us Brits

Harsh but true ?

1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Always have the feeling folks here think I'm bragging about how much better it is here or something when I'm just generally posting about my goings on and what not

I always enjoy your posts ,always something different often lined with a  hint of comedy  ? ?

• Like 1

For me personally, I gave up hunting with dogs altogether when I moved here and my guns have not been out of the cabinet more than once a year in 6 years probably !

Theres f**k all to hunt for a start, the topography of the land is awful even if I wanted to try and kill the very few things around.

If I’m honest, I’d rather feed a pheasant if I see one than shoot at it because there just are not that many......and that’s what I do now, feed them.

Pigeons in my part of the world are non existent because nobody grows arable crops.

Theres no rabbits, minuscule amounts of deer.

The hares are again something I’d rather look at because there isn’t that many of them.......in the UK I walked on farms where there were 50 on one field.......I bet I have not seen 20 in all my travels since I lived here. 

You lads talk like everyone that ever killed anything did it with a lurcher or terrier. Lurcher and terrier work represent probably less than 10% of the fieldsports going on in the uk. Even if it was legal, all a post on it would get is a load of likes and the odd comment asking about breeding. Only threads that get any traction are ones heaped in drama or occasionally ones that are a bit different.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You lads talk like everyone that ever killed anything did it with a lurcher or terrier. Lurcher and terrier work represent probably less than 10% of the fieldsports going on in the uk. Even if it was legal, all a post on it would get is a load of likes and the odd comment asking about breeding. Only threads that get any traction are ones heaped in drama or occasionally ones that are a bit different.

Oi, don’t get all uppity Mr Big Time Charlie Stalker !.......we only allow you stay because we like you, most other stalkers are bellends ! Lol ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The truth is most folk don't put on hunting posts because they get ripped by the self proclaimed experts. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

If you think you know better give them some friendly advice instead of taking the piss and fishing for likes. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 5
14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The truth is most folk don't put on hunting posts because they get ripped by the self proclaimed experts. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

If you think you know better give them some friendly advice instead of taking the piss and fishing for likes. ?

I think nonsense gets ripped but I agree it can quickly go pear shaped on a whole range of subjects.

That said, decent stuff normally gets a good response like FUJI post in the lurcher section, that’s a cracking set of pictures.

Also Born Hunters post about his Sika stag, decent stuff and with an equally decent response.

Fact of the matter is, there’s only so much you can say about some things.....if somethings good then it’s good, there’s f**k all to add.

However, where it all gets a bit busy and messy is when a post is based on opinions......every f****r has one and it’s probably going to get emotional ! Lol ? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Fact of the matter is, there’s only so much you can say about some things.....if somethings good then it’s good, there’s f**k all to add.

That's basically my point. There's just not much to say really in most instances. Which is a shame because I don't know about others but I don't post for likes, I want a bit of dialogue. But everyone has sort of done it all before so what is there to say other than chuck a bit of appreciation at the poster for taking the time to entertain you for a few minutes.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That's basically my point. There's just not much to say really in most instances. Which is a shame because I don't know about others but I don't post for likes, I want a bit of dialogue. But everyone has sort of done it all before so what is there to say other than chuck a bit of appreciation at the poster for taking the time to entertain you for a few minutes.

I hear you mate, however take you for example.

I would have no understanding of what grain bullet or any of that type of stuff so I couldn’t get into something more in-depth with you because it’s way above my understanding......it would be completely meaningless.

I loved hunting deer but that was obviously a completely different set of circumstances.

I was looking at the background in your pictures and thinking how that Stag would have looked running across there with a hound in hot pursuit! Lol

6 minutes ago, kanny said:

The 1.77 vs .22 debate is still raging 30 years on ?

And I wonder if that is a good example of the problem...... Yanks just don't give a f**k about toy guns anymore than Brits give a f**k about which colour lower to fit to an AR! :whistling:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I was looking at the background in your pictures and thinking how that Stag would have looked running across there with a hound in hot pursuit! Lol

Wouldn’t be the first, lol. I’d rather someone commented about dogs than bullet grains ffs! Ha

Its beautiful country. But I’d not want to run a dog there. Some of the fields are just rocks, this is one of the better ones.

7D663782-F741-4D2E-9200-A9467EE1AC87.jpeg

• Like 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

Wouldn’t be the first, lol. I’d rather someone commented about dogs than bullet grains ffs! Ha

Its beautiful country. But I’d not want to run a dog there. Some of the fields are just rocks, this is one of the better ones.

7D663782-F741-4D2E-9200-A9467EE1AC87.jpeg

The legendary flints ! 

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

And I wonder if that is a good example of the problem...... Yanks just don't give a f**k about toy guns anymore than Brits give a f**k about which colour lower to fit to an AR! :whistling:

The art of shot placement is lost on them ?

• Haha 3