Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My terrier just lately is looking abit too light for my liking and hes coats got that hard look to it i think its just from bieng out too much. Can anyone reccomend something that ups the calorie intake ? I have used dyne but that can put too much wieght on. Ive started soaking his biscuit in lactol and may even put him on puppy complete for abit until hes right again.any other reccomendations ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fatty meat so that the dog is burning carbs from the fats and not depleting his muscle mass ... also a teaspoon of sf50 sprinkled over a meal once a day ... if I forget to order some in and I have to wait for it I notice a big difference in my dogs after a week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The meat aint doing enough socks on its own. And strangely i think some dogs do better with meat couple times a week rather than everyday. In not tried the sf50 wheres best place to buy ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

one or 2 of my old digging dogs used to struggle in the season...Melt some dripping/lard in with their food...if that doesn't work,then I'd be looking at using a heat lamp or tube heaters if they outside...found once they hit 9/10 they all struggle to hold condition 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Without sounding shitty pal, get your rods out or summat an gee the dog a couple weeks layabout rest, iv always known dogs to drop condition of grafted too hard, it’s not possible to maintain full fitness all year round, even athletes have time off to recover/relax, I know it’s hard when it’s just what you do an it part of your daily rituals haha iv been there, but try a bit time off an see how dog goes, what’s worst that can happen 👍

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Without sounding shitty pal, get your rods out or summat an gee the dog a couple weeks layabout rest, iv always known dogs to drop condition of grafted too hard, it’s not possible to maintain full fitness all year round, even athletes have time off to recover/relax, I know it’s hard when it’s just what you do an it part of your daily rituals haha iv been there, but try a bit time off an see how dog goes, what’s worst that can happen 👍

Aye trouble is mate hes a handy tag along dog ya know. Even catapulting or fishing i take him it dont feel right bieng out in the country side without a dog do it. Just have to bite the bullet and try n leave him behind for abit. 
 

youse saying feed this n that dogs normal diet is all that i know alot say they feed this n that but genuinely little dog eats like a king im very lucky got access to loads of good qaulity beef chicken tripe ect. I dont think theres much wrong with main diet hes just sort of dog to only eat so much i wanted to know of anyone used any calorie builders rendered lamb fat ect

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, C.green said:

The meat aint doing enough socks on its own. And strangely i think some dogs do better with meat couple times a week rather than everyday. In not tried the sf50 wheres best place to buy ?

But has your meat got a lot of fat in it ? I get my sf50 from Amazon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like it just needs time off. I used to ferret every day with the one JR because he was so good. Every day we walked literally miles and miles and that was just to get there as no car then. One morning he was hobbling along behind stiff as a board. Got a lift to the vet and he said I had just worn him out. Couple of days off and right as rain. Begrudgingly after that I alternated dogs more and gave him a rest now and again. He was a little gladiator but they got limits

moses_14984087736_o.jpg.3a980b24cde654a60351bd3cf4349697.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, terryd said:

Sounds like it just needs time off. I used to ferret every day with the one JR because he was so good. Every day we walked literally miles and miles and that was just to get there as no car then. One morning he was hobbling along behind stiff as a board. Got a lift to the vet and he said I had just worn him out. Couple of days off and right as rain. Begrudgingly after that I alternated dogs more and gave him a rest now and again. He was a little gladiator but they got limits

moses_14984087736_o.jpg.3a980b24cde654a60351bd3cf4349697.jpg

Nice Russell mate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 19/05/2021 at 09:36, socks said:

Fatty meat so that the dog is burning carbs from the fats and not depleting his muscle mass ... also a teaspoon of sf50 sprinkled over a meal once a day ... if I forget to order some in and I have to wait for it I notice a big difference in my dogs after a week. 

Is that sf50 just a multi vitamin supplement ? Would it not do the same as just giving half of an A to Z multi vitamin tablet for humans to the dogs but be easier to get from the supermarket 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say liquid sheep fat and a good puppy food done the trick dogs right as rain and out daily just went through abit of a stage where he didnt look tip top as normal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It has minerals and vitamins in it as opposed to just vitamins. It also costs pennies compared to buying vitamins from a shop. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...